Forums Horror Collectibles
A New Book To 'Scream' About Is On It's Way-Scream Deconstructed:An Unauthorized Analysis

Scream enthuasts, if your looking for something new to add to your collection we think we found something that will literally have you screaming for joy.

New independent publishing imprint Stinger Books is proud to present, Scream Deconstructed: An Unauthorized Analys. Scream Deconstructed is the first book involving all four Scream films. The 160-page nonfiction book is set for an October 25, 2011 online release on Amazon.

To goal of Scream Deconstructed is fairly mple - to critically review and analyze the themes and characters of each film in the postmodern Scream series and to find out what they have to say about film, the media, sex, and society in general. According to author Scott Kesnger, "Critics all seem to agree that the Scream movies had a lot going on under the surface, but there’s nowhere near as much literature about them as you might think. It inspired me to try to fill that void. There are books like this for Star Wars, for The mpsons, and now it's Scream's turn."

Kesnger, a freelance journalist, gained the attention of series fans when articles he had written about the films sparked discuson on the Internet. Kesnger says the feedback from fans encouraged him to write the book.

Although Scream Deconstructed is not licensed or commisoned by The Weinstein Company – the rightsholders of the films – or filmmakers Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson, Kesnger hopes the book becomes a definitive book for fans. "I was very careful to respect the rights of the owners,'"he said. "I made sure that it’s a nonfiction book about Scream, not something that mply resells the films’ content in a different package."

Pre-Orders are currently being fulfilled on

AMAZON for only $9.99

Source: Scream Deconstructed.com
Anonymous Saturday 10/15/2011 at 09:49 PM | 85168
i will likely be picking this up
Matt_Molgaard Sunday 10/16/2011 at 04:26 PM | 85209