Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Next Stop For Matt Reeves Is The TWILIGHT ZONE

Chances are if you see the word "Twilight" here on the 'Bid, it's always gonna have the word "Zone" following it! With that being said, here's a bit of news coming to us from Deadline.

Matt Reeves (pictured below), director of Cloverfield and more recently Let Me In, has been chosen by Warner Bros to direct the latest Twilight Zone film.

Jason Rothenberg will be handling the writing duties in the thriller based on the clasc Rod Serling TV series. Appian Way partners Leonardo DiCaprio,Jennifer Davisson Killoran, and Michael Ireland will be producing the film which is expected to go into production by next summer.

Unlike the previous film which was an anthology set with different directors, "this one is a big science fiction action movie with a ngle freestanding story that is linked to the original series mainly in that it shares that familiarly eerie feel."

Judging by Reeves' current work load it should be interesting to see well he's able to multi task. Reeves was recently gned on to develop and direct This Dark Endeavor, a revionist take on the Frankenstein tale based on Kenneth Oppel’s novel, with Jacob Aaron Estes writing the script for Summit Entertainment.The director is also slated to direct the Justin Cronin vampire novel The Passage for

Fox 2000. And as if that wasn't enough, he's also got a deal with Universal to write and direct a film based on the Ray Nelson short story 8 O’Clock in the Morning - which deals with a man who awakens with the realization that aliens are all over the place and control society.

Source:Deadline
Anonymous Saturday 10/15/2011 at 10:18 PM | 85171
Good choice!

I'm just glad it's not Michael Bay!
ubersteigen Saturday 10/15/2011 at 10:46 PM | 85172
i dont like the idea of a ngle story approach, but TZ is one of my favorite shows of all time, and Matt's a very capable director. I'm all in!
Matt_Molgaard Monday 10/17/2011 at 05:08 PM | 85293