Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid's 50 Freakiest Sounds in Horror History! - Agree or Disagree?

Whether it’s a mucal sting, the wet snap of a bone, a head rolling down stairs or mple lence, the right sound at the right moment can levitate a fright flick into ghastly greatness. Even if a film as a whole isn’t awe-inspiring, brilliant sound degn in just one scene of a stinker can turn it into a genre fan favorite for all time.

HorrorBids 50 Freakiest Sounds in Horror History t of hearing was agonized vocal cords sound like when their being so crudely severed. You don’t know whether to hoot and clap or run from the room.

2. The Half-Lady – When the severed torso of a female zombie starts detoxing from her last brain fix, she starts wailing and yowling for “Braaaaaiiiiiiiiins, BRAINS, BRAINS, BRAINS, BRAINS!!!!!” She sounds like a grandmother kicking junk cold turkey. Hellish.

3. The Tarman – “More brains!” The Tarman’s grinning skull matches his gargling, unnaturally surprised voice so well that this moment definitely deserves its iconic status.

My wife rates the Half-Lady as the freakiest, then the Yellow Cadaver, then the Tarman. I can’t make up my mind. What say you, Bidites?

Source: HorrorBid
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 10/16/2011 at 12:27 AM | 85175
definitely expected to see Audition in the top 10.
AgnesItsMeBilly Sunday 10/16/2011 at 02:30 AM | 85180
How can the guttaral sound from the Grudge not be on here? To me that's truly the scary part of the movie.
Ryze Sunday 10/16/2011 at 06:29 PM | 85215
Well, you have won my heart with #19: Tourist Trap. (which by the way is 1979, not 1980)

This is on my top 5 of fave's for horror films. It really digs into your head and stays there once you watch it.

And, may I share a bit of trivia with all of you? Thank you.

The 'plaster' that was slowly smeared over the victims face while her death was being described to her was actually...cookie dough. Real plaster would have hardened quickly and caused skin damage.
aceofspades70 Sunday 10/16/2011 at 11:18 PM | 85252
I don't think the scene from Hunchback of Notre Dame 1939, was inspired by Romeros Zombie movies which started in 1968.
SuperSeanski Monday 10/17/2011 at 03:57 AM | 85272
... 21. ZOMBIE (1979) – The Breathing These so-called “flower pot” zombies are filthy, nauseating creations to behold. Even their lungs are filled with blood and mud, as evidenced by their horrible huffing, puffing and wheezing that permeates the soundtrack. ...

I have never heard of the so-called "flower pot" zombies but I will check them in the internet. Flower pot sounds somehow funny and I only can think of the flower pots in my garden. Maybe I can make my own "flower pot" zombies. I will check cheap postal flowers and order some new flower pots for my own zombie.
arouse Friday 6/15/2012 at 06:57 AM | 93679