Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid's 31 Days of Horror: The Faculty

We here at HorrorBid will be recommending one specific treasure for everyday of the month. The ultimate goal is mple; encourage the masses to seek out stellar films that fit the seasonal mold. While I’m certain plenty of our faithful readers will find some of these films predictable, or at the least familiar, we still feel as though a friendly reminder can go a long way towards renewed enjoyment.

On deck for October 16th, is the uber-trendy, but surpringly well crafted Robert Rodriguez offering, The Faculty. This one really boasts a hint of everything: quality acting enforced by quality directing; a few creepy moments with a dash of gore; great atmosphere and loads of realism (despite the general theme of the film). As a horror fan, The Faculty is a sleeper that packs a major punch; it’s the haymaker you never saw coming.

The gist of the story you ponder? It’s an invaon flick! Plain and mple, aliens have surfaced at a suburban high school, and the teachers have fallen prey first, leaving a small band of diverse youngsters to not only fend for themselves, but prevent the world from being taken over. Teenage responbilities sure aren’t as light as they used to be.

Rodriguez and scribe Kevin Williamson make for a great team here. They isolate and dedicate so much attention to pop culture and their characters (it’s extremely easy to actually like these characters) that it’s difficult to do anything but t back and enjoy the film. While I’m not a huge fan of some of the special effects, there are indeed some scintillating visuals that surface periodically. The pace rides a fine line between frantic ad over the edge, but pulls back just enough so as to never lose coheveness. It’s a kick ass flick, with a kick ass ensemble.

Don’t head into The Faculty expecting some monumental rendition of the age old invaon tale. Rather, open your mind to minor (and I mean that) theatrical imperfections, fantastic character development and serious sparks from the players on hand.

http://youtu.be/uLVkIQ6dElI
Matt_Molgaard Sunday 10/16/2011 at 03:38 PM | 85207
I actually really like this movie lol. Seeing Frodo tweak out after snorting diet pills was fairly entertaining.

"He's just tweakin' man, let him fuckin' tweak!!"
Jonny Sicko Monday 10/17/2011 at 04:26 PM | 85289
I actually really like this movie lol. Seeing Frodo tweak out after snorting diet pills was fairly entertaining.

"He's just tweakin' man, let him fuckin' tweak!!"

this is one of those flicks that is everything you expected it WOULDN'T be, which is fucking awesome.
Matt_Molgaard Monday 10/17/2011 at 05:02 PM | 85292