Forums Horror Movie Talk
Fox Plans On Bringing ZOMBIELAND Home To The Small Screen: A Sequel Is Unlikely

This just in Bidites. It appears that Fox is next in line to try to cash in on the whole zombie craze, and why not? According to

Vulture, a half-hour TV veron of Zombieland is in the works with original writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick on board with the film's producer Gavin Polone.

With talks well underway between

Fox Broadcasting and Columbia's ster unit, Sony Pictures Televion, it's highly likely that we'll see the zombie/comedy go into development for the 2012-13 season. "If the TV show goes," says Polone, "then the sequel won't happen." So it looks like any chance of seeing a big screen follow-up to the 2009 hit is a very, very slim one.

What do you guys think? Will Fox tone down the violence to much? I would personally love to see FX handle this project. Anybody else agree?

Source: Vulture
Anonymous Tuesday 10/18/2011 at 02:42 AM | 85334
Damn it. Really wanted to see a sequel to Zombieland.
Pinhead Tuesday 10/18/2011 at 03:06 AM | 85339
Just an FYI...

The concept for "Zombieland" was originally pitched to CBS as a TV show back in 2005, but apparently CBS took all of the good stuff out of the pilot, and then passed on it. Syfy was also interested but couldn't make things work financially.
Anonymous Tuesday 10/18/2011 at 04:04 AM | 85345
Knowing the life line of shows appearing on Fox like Family Guy and Futurama which were both cancelled even when popular I sure as hell hope Fox does not take this up.
BloodyAdored Tuesday 10/18/2011 at 05:55 AM | 85350
It all depends on if the cast from the movie is going to return. If the cast wont be returning for the sequel then I would be happy with a TV show. If the cast was willing to do the TV show I would be ecstatic.
SuperSeanski Tuesday 10/18/2011 at 11:05 PM | 85400
I don't see how its gonna compete with the walking dead though. It's already established with a fanbase, and I would be really disappointed if they cancelled each other out :(
randallflagg Sunday 10/23/2011 at 06:58 PM | 85747
Yeah FX or Spike would be capable of making a kickass zomedy TV show. But Fox? Meh... I have strong opinions against Fox. From their ultra biased news broadcasts to completely destroying any movie they've gotten their hands on in the last 10 years... Fox SUCKS!
Jonny Sicko Monday 10/24/2011 at 04:01 PM | 85784