Forums Horror Movie Talk
Ready For Some Buzz Kill? The First Poster For The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D Is Here!

With the release date set for next year, the first teaser poster for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D has already arrived on the scene, and we have every bloody pixel of it here for your viewing pleasure.

Due to hit theaters on October 5, 2012, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D is said to ignore everything that came after the 1973 original by picking up exactly where the Tobe Hooper film left off. Directed by John Luessenhop, the film stars Alexandra Daddario as a young girl who heads to Texas to collect an inheritance that includes the infamous Leatherface.

The film also features several key Chainsaw alum such as Gunnar Hansen and John Dugan in cameo roles and Marilyn Burns and Bill Moseley appear in new, larger roles. The new blood, other than Daddario, includes Tania Raymonde as her best friend, Trey Songz as her boyfriend, Keram Malicki-Sanchez as his friend, Thom Barry as the local sheriff, Paul Rae as the mayor, Scott Eastwood as a deputy, Richard Riehle as Heather’s lawyer and new actor Dan Yeager as Leatherface.

Source: Slash Film
Anonymous Wednesday 10/19/2011 at 12:52 AM | 85411
Looks good but I'd love to see a trailer or something for this to truly get a feel for what it'll be like.
Zombie Dude Wednesday 10/19/2011 at 02:20 AM | 85421
I wonder how long the 3D gimmick will last... well, I guess until we stop paying to go see 'em
reelybored Wednesday 10/19/2011 at 02:54 AM | 85426
I wonder how long the 3D gimmick will last... well, I guess until we stop paying to go see 'em True, well I want to see this film either way so if I can catch it in 2D I will.
Sephit Wednesday 10/19/2011 at 07:21 AM | 85439
Newsflash fellas,3d is here to stay now..i have two 55 inchs at my house..most my video games are in 3d as well ,it actually works,so why the complaining ?
genocaust Wednesday 10/19/2011 at 07:44 PM | 85465
Because that shit gives me a headache.
SuperSeanski Wednesday 10/19/2011 at 08:06 PM | 85468
Because that shit gives me a headache. It gave me diaper rash! jk but yeah sometimes I have to take the glasses off for a bit while I'm watching a movie because it starts to bother my eyes, plus it's proven to be bad for your eyes.
Sephit Wednesday 10/19/2011 at 10:14 PM | 85481
Awesome cant wait.

it's very cool Bill mosley will be back, loved him in TCM2 probly my fav horror movie of all time... hope this one is better then the last couple !!
Kingcoop80 Wednesday 10/19/2011 at 10:44 PM | 85485
My bloddy Valentine pulled it off because it was fun..I cant imagine TCM as being fun.
Jack123 Wednesday 10/19/2011 at 10:54 PM | 85488
We should all just lower our expectations, it will never be as good as the original TCM. All we can hope for is that the film makers don't totally fuck it up. TCM was brilliant, everything else that came out baring the TCM title has sucked, so my hopes are not high. The fact that it's in 3D is already a tough pill to swallow, it just means that they WILL do stupid crap like flying, whirling credits, and chainsaws will likely be thrusted toward the camera more times than needed. Part of the brilliance of the original is its mplicity and documentary style shooting. TCM never tried to be anything more than a terrifying horror movie, it didn't bother with explanations, reasoning, drama, pointless expotion, it was just raw and awesome. Will I see TCM 3D? Of course, just like I'll see any remake or sequel to any one of my all time favorite horror films, love it or hate it I gotta see it, if anything it will only make me appreciate the original that much more.
BloodWasEverywhere Friday 10/21/2011 at 01:56 PM | 85621
I wonder what Leatherface is gonna look like, nce his look changes in every movie.
hm4life Saturday 10/22/2011 at 04:36 AM | 85685
We should all just lower our expectations, it will never be as good as the original TCM. All we can hope for is that the film makers don't totally fuck it up. TCM was brilliant, everything else that came out baring the TCM title has sucked, so my hopes are not high. The fact that it's in 3D is already a tough pill to swallow, it just means that they WILL do stupid crap like flying, whirling credits, and chainsaws will likely be thrusted toward the camera more times than needed. Part of the brilliance of the original is its mplicity and documentary style shooting. TCM never tried to be anything more than a terrifying horror movie, it didn't bother with explanations, reasoning, drama, pointless expotion, it was just raw and awesome. Will I see TCM 3D? Of course, just like I'll see any remake or sequel to any one of my all time favorite horror films, love it or hate it I gotta see it, if anything it will only make me appreciate the original that much more. Couldn't have said it any better, the 3D really throws me off and I found it particularly weird that they had a casting call for extras in a pool party sequence but I will be super curious so I will go see it.
Sephit Saturday 10/22/2011 at 04:22 PM | 85701
I wonder how long the 3D gimmick will last... well, I guess until we stop paying to go see 'em True, well I want to see this film either way so if I can catch it in 2D I will.

Same here. If I can catch it in 2D that's what I'm down for... I'm ck of 3D.
AMadSquirrel21 Thursday 10/27/2011 at 10:59 PM | 85991