Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid's 31 Days of Horror: [REC]

We here at HorrorBid will be recommending one specific treasure for everyday of the month. The ultimate goal is mple; encourage the masses to seek out stellar films that fit the seasonal mold. While I’m certain plenty of our faithful readers will find some of these films predictable, or at the least familiar, we still feel as though a friendly reminder can go a long way towards renewed enjoyment.

On deck for October 19th, is Jaume Balaguero and Paco Plaza’s shocking found footage feature, . If you’ve been hunting for legitimate quality in the handi-cam sub-genre, look no further, as this shocker has a little bit of everything; quality performances, ultra violence, some nice gore and a nice heaping portion of tenon.

The gist of the film can be summarized quite ealy: A small group of redents, firefighters and reporters are quarantined inde an apartment building, where a lethal virus has surfaced. Not only is said virus lethal, it also happens to transform man to man-eating monster. The only question is, can anyone escape with their lives and health?

successfully avoids the over usage of frantic camera movement that hindered great pictures like The Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield, all the while bringing legitimately unnerving visuals to life on the screen. The action is fast paced, the surprises abound, and the desperation lingers in the air so thick you can practically cut it with a knife. I could keep things real mple and label this a zombie film, but there’s much, much more to it than that.

http://youtu.be/OeaUokzE9fI
Matt_Molgaard Thursday 10/20/2011 at 02:24 AM | 85524
I know what you mean... I have the same opinion
serban Thursday 10/20/2011 at 02:17 PM | 85540