Forums Horror Movie Talk
Ben Affleck To Adapt & Direct Stephen King's 'The Stand' For The Big Screen

Here's some breaking news just in, brace yourselves Bidites - because things could get ugly up in here in a hurry.

It is being reported by Deadline that Warner Bros has chosen Ben Affleck to adapt and direct the Stephen King novel, The Stand.

Affleck has become a cornerstone director for the studio, but this would be his greatest challenge yet. Even King has been reticent about the idea of making a feature of his book, which previously was turned into a miniseries. With The Town and Gone Baby Gone, Affleck has shown the grit necessary to handle such an unforgettable tale. It’s early days, but the studio loves Affleck, who’s now directing Argo.

So what do you think Bidites? Do you think Affleck is capable of tackling such a mammoth project?

Source: Deadline
Anonymous Saturday 10/22/2011 at 03:36 AM | 85677
with the exception of his work on Good Will Hunting and his legendary portrayal of O'Banion in Dazed and Confused, I've never liked Ben in the slightest. That said, I'd be a damn liar if i said The Town wasn't legitimate quality.

fuck it, let's give him a chance and see how he handles it!
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 10/22/2011 at 04:16 AM | 85683
I rather see ben as the Gary nise character then to be behind the camra....
chardy Saturday 10/22/2011 at 06:07 AM | 85688
If he was to act in the main role - no.

If he is to direct - hell yeah give him the chance
joshk1986 Saturday 10/22/2011 at 06:40 AM | 85691
I just threw up in my mouth a little . . .
Quagmire9 Saturday 10/22/2011 at 09:44 AM | 85695
Nothing undermines Ben Affleck's talent as a director like that picture. haha.

Seriously though, the guy does his best work behind the camera. Let him go. Worst case scenario we have to wait ten years for another remake.
baristo Saturday 10/22/2011 at 11:38 AM | 85696
A x hour TV miniseries still left things out from King's novel. I don't think it's going to work on the big screen. But its Ben Affleck, so he might be able to make it work.

I would say not to go through with this at all, but if they do, Affleck's fine with me.
ObscureCinema101 Saturday 10/22/2011 at 01:22 PM | 85698