Forums Horror Movie Talk
The horror film..........

I am often surprised how horror is looked down on by some. I'm not quite sure why. Ok, maybe it's the fact that people are being violently brought to their demise by a wielding madman.

But folks, we all know that it's nothing more than entertainment; just like all those sappy love stories, mystery's, etc. With special effects (no, I don't mean CGI) that are created by master mind profesonals, it brings an eerie look at what could be.

Anyway, I saw this article this morning and thought I'd share it with you. I'm shocked at why this subject is of a negative approach, but then again, I guess other people really do think this way. Judge for yourself:

http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/collecti ... rts#photo0
aceofspades70 Saturday 10/22/2011 at 01:01 PM | 85697
I honestly think a big part of the problem is that people refuse to give the horror genre a chance nowadays. Lets face it: when the horror genre really broke out and became widely noticed, the movies were lower budget and undoubtedly cheesy. I think that most people can't take it seriously because it doesn't have million dollar exploons and "A-list" actors. Like seen in that article, there is a very biased outlook on horror films, specifically as far as plot goes. People assume that all horror films are mplistic and empty story-wise when the fact is that horror films nowadays are much more advanced not only story-wise, but as far as acting, effects, and emotion goes. I don't give close-minded people like that the time of day, because they most often love the cookie cutter romantic comedies and big budget, low thought action movies. I'd love to see them read the script to the first Saw film, Horsemen (great film), or Sleepy Hollow and try to put those into the typical slasher category.
RileyRose Saturday 10/22/2011 at 11:11 PM | 85718