Forums Off Topic
Tim Burton's Latest Creation 'B' Will Be Floating Proudly At The Macy's Turkey Day Parade

If your a fan of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade then your not gonna believe your eyes this year when a balloon created by Tim Burton comes floating by. Yep, you read that correctly!

The Macy's Day Parade which has been held annually in New York City on Thanksgiving Day nce 1924, will feature a character called B. Boy (or B., for short), which will float alongde the familiar faces of Garfield, Snoopy and Spider-Man on the November 24th parade.

"It's such a surprise to be asked, and it was great," Mr. Burton said in a telephone interview from London with the NY Times. "It's such a surreal thing that you don't even believe what you're hearing. Somebody's trying to play a joke on you or something. It had that kind of feeling."

According to an origin story dreamed up by Burton, B. was created, Frankenstein’s monster-style, from the leftover balloons used in children’s parties at the Great Ormond Street Hospital in London. Forbidden from playing with other children because of his jagged teeth and crazy-quilt stitching, B. retreated to a basement lair, where he obsesses over Albert Lamorisse’s film "The Red Balloon" and dreams that he, too, will be able to fly someday.

Well, it looks like B's dream is about to come true this year, and I don't know about you but I'll be tuning in waiting patient as I did as a kid to watch B come floating by with all of my other childhood favorites.

Source: NY Times
Anonymous Saturday 10/22/2011 at 11:25 PM | 85723