Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid's 31 Days of Horror: Creepshow 2

We here at HorrorBid will be recommending one specific treasure for everyday of the month. The ultimate goal is mple; encourage the masses to seek out stellar films that fit the seasonal mold. While I’m certain plenty of our faithful readers will find some of these films predictable, or at the least familiar, we still feel as though a friendly reminder can go a long way towards renewed enjoyment.

On deck for October 22nd, is a picture that may take a few readers by surprise, as I’m highlighting what many feel to be the inferior film of this specific franchise: Creepshow 2. While the first film in the series could ealy be condered far superior, Creepshow 2 holds a special place in my heart for a few reasons.

The gist: we’re dealing with an anthology (again based upon Stephen King works) that tell the tales of a murderous wooden Indian, a hitchhiker who can’t (or can he?) get a break, and a trip to the lake that turns deadly in a hurry.

To clear things up and inform you why I’ve chosen this sequel is really rather mple. Savage wooden Indian chiefs absolutely rock, and “The Raft” is an absolutely horrifying tale that trumps every short amongst the franchise films (in my particular order). I mean this story, is a story that will honestly make you think twice the next time you contemplate a journey to the lake. Throw in some cool gore and over-the-top acting (in all the right places) and you’ve got 80’s gold here.

http://youtu.be/uPS9V5GLoBc
Matt_Molgaard Sunday 10/23/2011 at 02:41 AM | 85729
The Raft short story by Stephen King is creepy in itself. I believe its in Nightmares and Dreamscapes collection. But to actually see it on film was an amazing terrifying experience. Great 80s fun!
allycat2488 Sunday 10/23/2011 at 04:19 AM | 85733
The Hitchhiker story is one of my favorites, I watch part 1 and 2 with my son a couple yrs back and when that story came on he was across the room and the closer it got to the end the close he got to tting next to me until he was pretty much tting in my lap.

I thought that was pretty funny and when I dropped him off at school the next day he got out and said "Thanks for the ride, lady",

Priceless! I also think we can forget Creepshow 3 even exst cause that was bad on so many levels.
latingoddyss Sunday 10/23/2011 at 05:48 PM | 85744
Creepshow 1 and 2 were great! I wish more scary short story compendium films were made. Have to agree, the hitch hiker story in part 2 was f'n clasc lol. "Gimme a ride, lady!" And my favorite from the first one... "I want my cake!! Where's my cake, Bedelia!?". Clasc.
Jonny Sicko Sunday 10/23/2011 at 06:15 PM | 85745