Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid's 13 Day's of Halloween Part V: 5 Halloween's on Fearfest But Where's The Rest?

Johnny is dead, everyone, meet Bruce! Play me in Bruce!

So this week on AMC expect to see 5 out of the 10 Halloween movies sporadically until November 1st. Here's a short list of which Halloween movies you can expect to see? (Excluding most repeats that I will address in a later article.)

Monday Oct 24 Halloween 8pm/7c Halloween III: Season of the Witch 10pm/9c

Tuesday Oct 25 Halloween III: Season of the Witch 6pm/5

Hallowen 4: The Return of Micheal Myers 8pm/7c

Hallowen 5: The Revenge of Micheal Myers 10pm/9c

Wednesday Oct 26

Halloween 5: the Revenge of Micheal Myers 6pm/5c

Hallowen H20: 20 Years Later 8pm/7

Halloween 10pm/9c

All the movies repeat until the end of Fearfest.

Now you may notice that there are 5 movies that aren't on AMC's Fearfest schedule those are Halloween II, Halloween: The Curse of Micheal Myers, Halloween: Resurrection and the Rob Zombie remakes. Now, the excluon of the remakes are a given. And last Halloween movie in the continuity, Resureciton not being excluded makes sense due to network rights and such but I found it odd to leave out Halloween II and Curse of Micheal Myers Out.

Now, the only one of these movies that I listed that I would like to see in the Fearfest marathon is Halloween II It goes hand in hand with part 1. What don't mind not seeing at all is Halloween: Curse of Micheal Myers, because Halloween part 6 is ealy the worse Halloween movie in all the universes.

This isn't a post completely bashing Halloween: The Curse of Micheal Myers but It wouldn't be hard to do such. Letting that garbage be apart of the series continuity and not releang the hard to get a hold of Producers Cut is bacally a mockery of Donald Pleasence's name. Whom not only had a good chunk of his acting taken out of the film but it was also his final film before his death.

I'm not shocked to see that it isn't on the schedule but horror is horror is horror. I mean, the only Friday the 13th movie they are showing on AMC Fearfest is Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday, and if that doesn't speak volumes of the epic wrongness in programming, I don't know what does.

Fact of the matter is. if I'm going to t and watch a Micheal Myers marathon, I want to grab some apple juice, posbly some Coors Light and Cape Cod, some popcorn and some Uncrustables (my snack choice is awesome) and watch one of my favorite franchises

all the way through, that includes Halloween III even though it isn't a part of the series continuity, I still a pretty good flick.

I'm not dismayed with the choice to excluded Halloween II, Curse of Micheal Myers and Resurrection or the remakes for three reasons:

1. Those films WILL come on other channels at least once during this Halloween season. 2. I own them all regardless 3. At least I'm getting a good movie marathon on TV. But it's just kind of uncool to leave out crucial movies in the mythos of the great Mickey Myers.

But if you don't own all the Halloween movies for some reason or just get a certain joy out of catching them on TV like I do, you are able to catch Halloween II, Halloween: The Curse of Micheal Myers, Halloween: Resurrection, Halloween (2007) and Halloween II (2009) on other channels.

TMC Sat Oct 29 Halloween II 2009 9pm/8c

SYFY Sat Oct 29 Halloween 2009 11pm/10c

Sun Oct 30 Halloween 2009 9pm/8c

FX

Sunday Oct 30 Halloween: Resurrection 9:30am/8:30c

Monday Oct 31 HALLOWEEN! Halloween: Resurrection 2:30pm/1:30c

TMC Mon Oct 31 Halloween II 2009 11pm/10c

SYFY Monday Oct 31 Halloween: The Curse of Micheal Myers 3:30am/2:30c

CINEMAX Halloween II 12:20pm/11:20c

Source:

http://www.amctv.com/movie-event/amc-fearfest

http://www.imdb.com/
Artclasshero Monday 10/24/2011 at 02:13 AM | 85763
H2 seems to never be on much, but the remake was on last night. Sometimes they also say the original one will be on but show the remake instead. I guess they can't tell the difference.
sirbrad Monday 10/24/2011 at 02:51 AM | 85766
H2 seems to never be on much, but the remake was on last night. Sometimes they also say the original one will be on but show the remake instead. I guess they can't tell the difference.

Luckily I don't have cable so I just watch DVD's of my choice, specifically for reasons like this. That is sad that they talk about showing the original but yet show the remake.

As far as your post goes, I agree with everything you have stated except I would rather watch part 6 than part 5. Maybe it's because part 6 is the first sequel bedes part 2 that I watched as a kid but I think 6 is a lot more powerful than part 5. I mean sure part 5 has a more vintage feel to it and is a little more campy but the mask is almost as bad as part 4 or posbly even worse and some of the characters are super annoying (blonde guy whose name escapes me). Michael's coveralls are pinstriped and there is also the embarrasng scene in which Michael cries.

I find it very interesting that they are showing RZ's H2 on TV and the remake, I guess mainly because I never imagined them showing the remakes on TV along with the clascs.
Sephit Tuesday 10/25/2011 at 11:28 PM | 85844