Forums Horror Movie Talk
Things Are Looking Brighter For The 'DARK TOWER' - A Film May Be On The Way After All

Last time we talked about the posbility of ever seeing the Dark Tower in any shape or form, things appeared very bleak with a capital 'B'.

However, it's now being reported by Indie Wire that producer Brian Grazer, screenwriter Akiva Goldsman and director Ron Howard are still hard at work on developing the property despite Universal's decion to "turn the lights out" due mainly to the mammoth budget that the project demanded.

Grazer tells IndieWire's Playlist “We found a way to cut out $45 million out of the budget without changing the scope and actually giving it a good ending,” Grazer said , suggesting a heavily re-worked approach. “In the $140 million draft, the ending wasn’t quite as satisfying. Now, we’ve got $45 million, $50 million out of the way and a really satisfying ending. It’s gonna get made.”

I'm not really sure how that makes sense, but then again I'm not really sure of a lot of things so I'll just keep my thoughts to myself.

As mentioned previously, Javier Bardem is attached to the film and will play the lead role of Roland Deschain if the film sees the light of day. Stay tuned for more.

Source:

IndieWire
Anonymous Monday 10/24/2011 at 09:32 PM | 85793
Awesome news! I was sad when I read Universal dropped the movie back in July. This is Stephen King's magnum opus. It has to be filmed one way or another.
Jonny Sicko Monday 10/24/2011 at 09:41 PM | 85794
Very hetant about this movie and how it will work. I wouldn't mind them doing the series of movies and TV movies/mini-series like originally planned, but doubtful that will happen. Also, not so sure about Javier as Roland. I always had him pictured as Hugh Jackman when I read it, but Javier might be good, who knows? I've only seen him in No Country for Old Men so I don't have much more than looks to judge him by. I just really hope they do the story justice and make a movie worthy of us fans.

Ed Reilly Monday 10/24/2011 at 10:29 PM | 85797