Forums Horror Movie Talk
Breaking: PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4 Will Release On Halloween 2012

Do we really need the "breaking" before the title to this? You knew it, I knew it, the little kid on the playground with the two left shoes on knew it. PARANORMAL ACTIVITY will have a fourth installment and posbly the coolest part of this is the date the film will release on Wednesday, October 31st of 2012. Yes, Halloween Bidites! Do you realize what this means? Bedes reliving the SAW yearly Halloween ritual we will now be gearing up for an annual PARANORMAL ACTIVITY treat.

Good or bad, the movies bring in truck loads of cash and that ladies and gentleman is good for the horror genre no matter how you slice it. Horror being shown and embraced whether you're a fan of it or not is still good for all of us because at the end of day I'd rather have horror on the minds of everyone which will hopefully lead to newer and smarter horror movies for the future.

So yes, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4 is coming on Halloween 2012. That leaves them an entire year to figure out how to combine no name actors and random cameras displayed around a dwelling and turn it into pure profit. Enjoy!

Source:

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/paranorm ... ween-2012/
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 10/25/2011 at 04:24 AM | 85812
I love the "Paranormal Activity" films. This news is 100 % joy for me. I wonder where they'll take the story from here, though.
ImmortalSidneyP Tuesday 10/25/2011 at 08:55 AM | 85819
I guess I should watch the first 3 then... lol
Kidtut Tuesday 10/25/2011 at 10:13 AM | 85820
If history repeats itself then PA4 like Saw 4 should take a zable hit and continue to slide even more with every sequel after that unless of course they use 3D like Saw 7 did. Anyway this would be a perfect time for the Saw franchise to get back into the game as the Friday before Halloween is now wide open again.
Pinhead Tuesday 10/25/2011 at 04:01 PM | 85824
My main gripe with PA is that it's way too over hyped sometimes. I saw a knock-off of PA that was actually better than it. (I think it was called paranormal entity or something)
DarkSky Tuesday 10/25/2011 at 08:20 PM | 85834
This news is ok only because I like these films. Part 3 was a huge let down for me though, definitely the weakest of the 3... hopefully they tie up the many loose ends in this one and don't make the mistake of making this series too stale too quickly (which honestly, is even starting to happen now)
joshk1986 Wednesday 10/26/2011 at 07:16 AM | 85858
The PA movies are boring and overrated.
hm4life Wednesday 10/26/2011 at 08:54 AM | 85859
I am SO excited. Paranormal Activity is one of my favorite movie franchises/trilogies of all time!
AMadSquirrel21 Wednesday 10/26/2011 at 10:44 PM | 85900
God!!

Number 4!!

Dont tell me, it all started off from the hamster who was staring into outerspace all day and night!

It will prob be why it chose that family.

Unless thats is know in the new one. sorry!
cat Thursday 10/27/2011 at 11:47 AM | 85953
PA in 3D...... any guesses on how bad that would be? Its a good bet though unless they really mind their story lines that this awesome franchise is gonna go downhill. But the first one was amazing so I'd love to be wrong!
allycat2488 Friday 10/28/2011 at 07:25 AM | 86012
I also saw Paranormal Entity. It was an Asylum film, wasn't it? It would make sense. Asylum are the biggest ripoff artists in the buness, but they did hit the nail on the head with that one. I enjoyed it.

I'm also a fan of the Paranormal Activity films. Mainly because Blair Witch didn't work out for me (or the lost contents of my stomach that rested in my lap after attempting to view it) and I enjoy the first person shots and element of realism they attempted to add. The almost Dogme 95-esque style of filmmaking.

Paranormal Activity is going to become one of the clascs we wind up showing our kids in the future. The slasher has unfortunately seemingly met its demise, and we're moving into a new generation of horror. Whether we like it or not, 15 years from now, the Paranormal Activity films are going to be clascs. I was very excited for 3 and couldn't contain my enthuasm, and while I enjoyed it, it greatly pissed me off. Here's why: the film has absolutely nothing to do with the cliffhangers we were left with at the end of the second film. This film goes even further into the past than the second one, to the childhoods of Katie and her ster. This film does not at all establish where Katie took Hunter, her nephew, when they went misng in the second film, or what happened to them. The information I was most excited for wasnt present. I knew from the first ten minutes of PA3 that there had to be a PA4. Dont blame them for being smart. Its all a continuation of the same story with the same characters in the same tuation, which is very different from the typical series type horror film that weve come to expect, where the villian returns and the victims are different.
Airi Magdalene Tuesday 11/01/2011 at 09:39 PM | 86296