Forums Horror Movie Talk
The First Truly Independent 3-D Film In The World! Chainsaw Maidens From Hell 3-D!

This article is presented in 3-D! Okay, not really, but it probably wouldn’t surprise you would it? Everything seems to be in explove three dimenonal viewing these days.

So why not bring this exciting trend to the world of Independent Horror?!That’s exactly what writer, director, stuntman, special effects artist and budding Indie Horror superstar Matthew Martino is planning to do with his next project! Next spring, Mr. Martino will start shooting Chainsaw Maidens from Hell in 3-D! A feature length Independent Horror film shot in REAL 3-D…with ZERO studio backing! I recently had a chance to talk with Matthew about “Maidens”:

Matthew Martino

HB: Chainsaws, Maidens, Hell…..I’m already sold! Briefly, fill me in about the movie.

MM: Chainsaw Maidens is inspired by The Inferno and the clasc epic stories of King Arthur as well. Our hero must descend into the underworld and seek a mystical object in order to make him whole. The funny part is our hero isn't seeking a “holy grail”, rather a jock strap - a cup, but a different kind.

HB: Okay, so why 3-D?

MM: Why 3D? Back in the 50’s, 3D was a schlocky gimmick for horror movies. It was supposed to make the movies more realistic, but if you go back and watch old 50’s movies that are in 3D, they tend to look campy in comparison to what can be delivered today. Why not infuse some of that camp into a modern horror comedy when 3D is more of a trend then ever?!

We will be making movie history by being the first ultra low budget 3D film.

The technology to make films underwent a revolution when indie movies moved from old fashion film to digital.

Now, there is a 3D digital revolution that is making it eaer and more cost effective to shoot in 3D. HB: You said that you’ve worked with Troma and Lloyd Kaufman, what else have you done? Is this your first “feature” film?

MM: This will be my second feature film as a writer / director. I did The Drachen Recruitment Experiment, a horror film that debuted earlier this year. (The Drachen Recruitment Experiment is available for free through October at this link:
Film information below! http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/vbrockladyv/firemaidenscopy.jpg" class="photoborder" />?t=1319587928 CHAINSAW MAIDENS FROM HELL in 3D

PLOT OUTLINE:Being the big man on campus is easy for Blake. He’s captain of the football team and is destined for a career in the pro leagues - that is if he passes his chemistry class. But destiny has a way of tackling the toughest of players when demons invade his campus and begin to enslave the student body. A divine angel descends to give Blake an invincible suit of super football pads and send him out to battle the forces of evil. Unfortunately, the suit is misng one vital piece - the jock strap. In order to get it back, Blake must descend into the underworld and face the guardians of doom known as The Chainsaw Maidens from Hell. And he’s got to do all this while studying for a chemistry quiz.STUDIO: SVG Films LLC

STARRING:

Julie Anne, Sarah French, Dennis Hurley DIRECTOR: Matthew Martino WRITTEN BY: Matthew Martino SCREENPLAY: Matthew Martino PRODUCERS: Max Bowen, Mihai Dinelescu

Find us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/chainsawmaidensfromhell
vbrockladyv Tuesday 10/25/2011 at 10:56 PM | 85841