Forums Horror Movie Talk
The 'EVIL DEAD' Reboot Synopsis Is Revealed And You May Be Disappointed!

It's been about a minute nce we heard any news regarding the Evil Dead remake, and with the AFM trade show around the corner we just knew something was going to surface.

According to Bloody-Disgusting the reboot will be "true to the root"s of Sam Raimi's original. And the official synops reads like this: "Five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin where they discover a Book Of The Dead and unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succeson until only one is left intact to fight for survival." So far I'm liking what I hear...

HOWEVER, the reason behind the trip to the infamous cabin in the woods revolves around the lead character "taking his younger ster to the family's cabin to help her kick her drug addiction. Without her drugs she becomes insane and difficult to control, which makes it imposble to see that she's actually possessed."

Usually I'm pretty open minded, but that just sounds ridiculous!

As if that wasn't enough rubbish, supposedly one of the friends just happens to know how to read ancient text and incidentally unleashes the demons by translating the Book of the Dead and reading the passages aloud.

Bruce Campbell is said to make a cameo appearance as "Ash" which may be the highlight of the film.

Fede Alvarez is listed as the director as well as sharing the writing duties with Rodo Sayagues and Diablo Cody. Stay tuned for more.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2dwcj9i.

Source: Bloody-Disgusting
Anonymous Thursday 10/27/2011 at 09:42 PM | 85982
I'm getting the new Blu Ray when it comes out next month and ignoring this rehash.

If Raimi was behind the camera, okay I'd give it a shot, but this just sounds like another in the long series of Hollywood "horror" films with despicable teens as protagonists.
freakengine Thursday 10/27/2011 at 10:20 PM | 85987
The synops sounds like it might make a good psychological thriller like something along the lines of The Exorcist or some haunting movie and not have to be an Evil Dead movie.
Ed Reilly Thursday 10/27/2011 at 10:28 PM | 85988
oddly enough, it almost sounds like a mple remake with a little contemporary twist.
Matt_Molgaard Friday 10/28/2011 at 06:25 PM | 86031
The friend knowing how to read ancient text is a bit cheesy, but from what I

read it doesn't sound too bad, especially compared to other remakes which have strayed far far away from their originals.
Illinois-Michael Tuesday 11/01/2011 at 02:35 AM | 86237
I was disappointed from the moment I heard "Evil Dead remake." I get disappointed whenever I hear the word "remake" in general.

Seeing Diablo Cody's name in the mix made my balls even bluer.

You don't fix what was never broken. In the process, remaking these horror films is making my tattoos irrelevant and I find this very unfortunate. All kidding ade, I fully intend on boycotting this film regardless as to what about it is proming.
Airi Magdalene Tuesday 11/01/2011 at 09:44 PM | 86297