Forums Horror Movie Talk
Michael Keaton You're A Wanted Man! Huge Plans For The Beetlejuice Sequel Are Revealed!

When we first announced that a sequel to Beetlejuice was posbly in the works, everyone (including us) pretty much shared the same thought - if Michael Keaton isn't in it, then we don't want it!!

Well Bidites, we can all breath a HUGE gn of relief because David Katzenberg and writer Seth Grahame-Smith of Katz­Smith Productions feel the same way!

The duo who are aiming to write/produce the film recently spoke with Entertainment Weekly about their proposal for the upcoming Beetlejuice project. Here is what they said.

"We’re not remaking Beetlejuice. People have been very angry about that." Katzenberg told weekly, Grahme-Smith added, "When Warner Bros. came to us about it, we said the only way we’d do it if we got Tim

blesng and involvement, and we got that, and the star of the movie has to be Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice, and it’s a true continuation 26 years later. Not just throwing him in as a cameo going, “Hey, it’s me. I endorse this movie.” We’re not there yet

because we don’t have a film to present to him."

This is great news!! For once someone in Hollywood is actually on the same page as the fans. Now hopefully the duo can produce a script that will entice Keaton to reprise his role that he made famous 26 years ago.

Source: Entertainment Weekly
Anonymous Thursday 10/27/2011 at 10:49 PM | 85989
Yes!!!! Yes! Please let this all to come together.
Kiki_Freddy's_girl Thursday 10/27/2011 at 11:45 PM | 85993
thank god they want michael keaton. his performance in this is one of my fav performances of any movie. keaton should be the only one to play beetlejuice, imo. when i think of him as an actor, i think beetlejuice. love the movie, and love the potential behind a sequel.
darkdeepwoods16 Friday 10/28/2011 at 12:02 AM | 85994
Love to see some stop motion action in this!!
R-Awesome85 Friday 10/28/2011 at 12:51 AM | 85999
And here's the question on everyone's minds... Is Michael Keaton going to play the part with a shrunken head?
Jonny Sicko Friday 10/28/2011 at 03:21 PM | 86026