Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid's 31 Days of Horror: The Rocky Horror Picture Show

We here at HorrorBid will be recommending one specific treasure for everyday of the month. The ultimate goal is mple; encourage the masses to seek out stellar films that fit the seasonal mold. While I'm certain plenty of our faithful readers will find some of these films predictable, or at the least familiar, we still feel as though a friendly reminder can go a long way towards renewed enjoyment.

On deck for October 28th, is the insanely eccentric horror/comedy/mucal hybrid, The Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you’re foreign to the film, do yourself a favor and track it down, because there’s plenty to enjoy here! Beyond the bizarre yet catchy jingles that highlight the film and stellar performances (the cast really pulls no punches here) there is a superb vintage approach to the filming and the atmosphere is certainly second to none.

The gist: A couple who find their car broken down stumble upon the gaudy lair of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, where mucals unfold, transvestites traipse about with no shame, and, well, strangers are treated to some of the most unorthodox entertainment imaginable.

There are too many fantastic elements to Rocky to really divulge the bulk of the pleasuring aesthetics, but I’ll say this much: Susan Sarandon is marvelous (DAMMNIT, JANET, I LOVE YOU!), Tim Curry cements his place in cinematic history with his portrayal of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, and the theatrics, as well as the set pieces are absolutely to die for.

Even if you’re not a fan of mucals, this one will win you over. Fantastic costumes, great songs, hilarious choreography and a truly haunting essence to this lighthearted film make it an absolute must see. Did I mention that it’s a perfect fit for a Halloween night?

http://youtu.be/WdFLEWUl5YI
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 10/29/2011 at 02:11 AM | 86055
When Eddie said he didn't like his teddy You knew he was a no good kid But when he threatened your life With a switch blade knife What a guy Makes you cry And I did

Another great movie

Jonny Sicko Saturday 10/29/2011 at 02:34 AM | 86056
Yes, yes, a million times yes. I'm actually watching that right now on VH1. Lol (which is actually the channel I saw it on when I first watched it...when I was 11 lol).

To me, this is one of those movies that you love it or hate it. There's no gray area.
Ryze Saturday 10/29/2011 at 04:32 PM | 86088
Yes, yes, a million times yes. I'm actually watching that right now on VH1. Lol (which is actually the channel I saw it on when I first watched it...when I was 11 lol).

To me, this is one of those movies that you love it or hate it. There's no gray area.

Gray area? Hrm... I was first introduced to this movie back in high school. I couldn't fathom why some of my friends kept quoting it, I thought the movie was completely bizarre and lly. And they'd make me do the Time Warp with them and I'd be like "alright guys, this is gay... I'm out".

A year later, add in some mind altering substances, some booze, some girls, and a buddy's house when his parent's went on vacation, and I began to understand it a bit more in depth lol. There's some songs in this movie that bring me back to some fantastic memories of my teen days... Days I'll never get back, but memories I'll have forever.
Jonny Sicko Sunday 10/30/2011 at 02:04 AM | 86106
I saw this for the first time at a Halloween party tonight.

All I'm going to say is that I was nowhere near drunk enough to actually enjoy this movie.
gummi Sunday 10/30/2011 at 05:26 AM | 86108