Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid's 13 Days of Halloween Part IX: What Your Favorite Scary Movie?

Ahem...do do do do do do do do do do do do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIHUv2ooG38 2 More days till Halloween! LVER SHAMROCK!

http://i56.tinypic.com/5ckk5w.

As a horror fan, I always find it amazing that some people have never seen certain movies. People like *cough cough my girlfriend* Haven't really seen any of the movies that I love. I think she said she's only seen the first Friday the 13th and I'm just tting here like, "You mean you haven't seen all 12!?"But I don't hold that against her.

But I always wonder who has seen what and who loves what. I mean, just because you're a horror fan doesn't mean you've seen every horror film under the sun that the genre has to offer. I for one, will admit to never seeing half the movies that get so much hype in the horror world. I mean, from following HorrorBid for the last 2 years I've found reason to scope out and check out some new and older films that I probably never would have otherwise. The people here have put me on to some of my new favorites and always help me keep an eye out for new movies. I love HorrorBid, we all do.

it's in the contract, you have to love it or you get murdered

So in the spirit of Halloween, what's your favorite scary movie and why? And what are you shocked to hear people have never seen? For me, it always gets me that people haven't seen every Nightmare on Elm Street. But then I forget not everyone is an awesome horror fan like us
Artclasshero Saturday 10/29/2011 at 10:13 PM | 86096
I work with a bunch of younger people at my 2 jobs... They conder me a relic because I'm no longer in my 20s lol. But I don't know if it's just the people I work with or their entire generation as a whole... But it seems to me these kids have no concept of anything that existed before the 1990s. And it's both amazing and astounding. It's almost like a symbiotic relationship. They introduce me to all the new things that I'm apparently totally oblivious to, and I fill them in on some of the awesomeness of 70s and 80s horror.

That being said, I don't know if I have a "favorite" per se... I enjoy a well rounded ensemble of gross out flicks, thrillers, total cheesy B movies, and shock value horror.

I'd say if I had to choose 1 movie, it would have to be Pet Semetary. Just the idea of it... burying your beloved pets and even passed loved ones out of the complete disparity and psychological longing of not wanting them to be gone, and then having them returned evil and cunning is seriously F'd up. It's like a mix between a zombie movie and The Exorcist.
Jonny Sicko Sunday 10/30/2011 at 01:52 AM | 86105
I can't pick between Scream Series, or the HalloweeN movies. I think Scream is a little above my love for HalloweeN
zuzek1996 Sunday 10/30/2011 at 02:03 PM | 86117
Army of Darkness, because it's hilarious, action-packed, the score is great, Bruce Campbell is entertainingly hammy, and the effects were great as well. If you don't conder that horror, than I'm going to anger a lot of people by saying Shocker. I liked the acting, the soundtrack was great with a collection of rock songs that come in at the perfect time, I felt the killer was iconic, and the writing was great. Runner-ups: Maniac Cop, Dead Heat, Blood Diner, Ghost Town, Creepshow, The Beyond, City of the Living Dead, Galaxy of Terror, Phantasm, An American Werewolf in London, Suspiria, Night of the Creeps, 976-EVIL II, Maximum Overdrive, Evil Dead 2, Maniac Cop 2, Bubba Ho-Tep, Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, Two Thousand Maniacs!, Deep Red, Tucker & Dale vs. Evil, Superstition, Phenomena, The Keep, TerrorVion, Without warning, Trick or Treat, The Deadly Spawn, The Mutilator, Brain Damage, Halloween, Halloween 6, Halloween H20, etc.
ObscureCinema101 Sunday 10/30/2011 at 02:24 PM | 86119
I do not have a specific one usually I have a favorite in each sub-genre.
hm4life Monday 10/31/2011 at 02:09 AM | 86147