Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Good Bad Flicks Presents : 'Rocktober Blood' (Video Review)

Happy Halloween biddites! Celebrate Halloween with the clasc horror epic Rocktober Blood

Rocktober Blood 1984

"A crazed rock nger returns from the dead to murder members of his former band. "

Hands down one of the best movies to watch on Halloween. Rocktober Blood is the story of a rock star that comes back from the dead to get revenge on the people who had him executed...or is it? A movie that totally lives up to it's awesome name.

http://youtu.be/5F0S4W8sNA4
Cecil Monday 10/31/2011 at 04:17 PM | 86185
Wow, I never heard of this flick, I'll have to keep my eyes open at the flea market. I love these old 80s flicks and this one looks right down my alley!! Can't wait to see what movies up your sleeve next!!
Anonymous Tuesday 11/01/2011 at 02:26 AM | 86234
Wow, I never heard of this flick, I'll have to keep my eyes open at the flea market. I love these old 80s flicks and this one looks right down my alley!! Can't wait to see what movies up your sleeve next

If you can find it, totally check it out. It's worth tracking down.

While I cover mostly horror I occaonally branch out into Thriller, Sci-fi, comic book, weird, etc. For the next two weeks I'm doing non-horror so I guess I won't be posting those here, nce this forum is pretty much all horror. (maybe I'll post some of my old ones that you guys haven't seen yet?) The third week in November however, I'm doing one of the most talked about (and requested) horror films in recent years, so I'll definitely be back with that.
Cecil Tuesday 11/01/2011 at 05:36 PM | 86283
Awesome, awesome, awesome. I've been wanting to see this film for the longest time (I have it on hold and should be viewing in a couple days or weeks, depending on my schedule) I loved films like Trick or Treat and other films that used rock and metal as a soundtrack, like Friday the 13th 6 and Maximum Overdrive.

I could have sworn you said Trick or Treat was better than this in your review of said film. Trick or Treat blew my mind, so it's going to take a lot to top something that awesome. Can't wait to see what films you have planned in November!
ObscureCinema101 Tuesday 11/01/2011 at 09:53 PM | 86298
Awesome, awesome, awesome. I've been wanting to see this film for the longest time (I have it on hold and should be viewing in a couple days or weeks, depending on my schedule) I loved films like Trick or Treat and other films that used rock and metal as a soundtrack, like Friday the 13th 6 and Maximum Overdrive.

I could have sworn you said Trick or Treat was better than this in your review of said film. Trick or Treat blew my mind, so it's going to take a lot to top something that awesome. Can't wait to see what films you have planned in November!

You won't be disappointed, this movie rocks. Nothing like a good metal soundtrack to kick the movie into high gear. That's one of the many things I feel is misng from today's movies. Even Iron Man (which was really good) dipped into hip hop, which was frustrating.

I haven't watched Trick or Treat in quite a while so I went back and watched it again. Yeah, I fudged up. A little behind the scenes with that one. The review for Trick or Treat is probably my least favorite. I love the movie but I was having a terrible week (one of those times when nothing goes right) and I always felt the review suffered. If it was any other episode I would have just delayed it a week to give it more time but nce it was Halloween I forced it out the door. At the time I did think Trick or Treat was better than Rocktober Blood but after watching RB twice in the past month, I can safely say I like it more.
Cecil Wednesday 11/02/2011 at 01:31 AM | 86310

You won't be disappointed, this movie rocks. Nothing like a good metal soundtrack to kick the movie into high gear. That's one of the many things I feel is misng from today's movies. Even Iron Man (which was really good) dipped into hip hop, which was frustrating.

I haven't watched Trick or Treat in quite a while so I went back and watched it again. Yeah, I fudged up. A little behind the scenes with that one. The review for Trick or Treat is probably my least favorite. I love the movie but I was having a terrible week (one of those times when nothing goes right) and I always felt the review suffered. If it was any other episode I would have just delayed it a week to give it more time but nce it was Halloween I forced it out the door. At the time I did think Trick or Treat was better than Rocktober Blood but after watching RB twice in the past month, I can safely say I like it more. I just watched Rocktober Blood, and I must say, it's great. I feel it's pretty slow in the middle and could use some more slash and a little less stalk, but the finale totally makes up for it. I still prefer Trick or Treat though
ObscureCinema101 Wednesday 11/02/2011 at 08:22 PM | 86339
I just watched Rocktober Blood, and I must say, it's great. I feel it's pretty slow in the middle and could use some more slash and a little less stalk, but the finale totally makes up for it. I still prefer Trick or Treat thoughI'm glad you were able to get a copy, it's not the eaest to find!

It did dip a bit when she was on the island but thankfully it never went completely into the dull zone. The finale is so over the top, man I love it.

That's cool, it's not like Trick or Treat is bad or anything! Quite a clasc! I always hoped they would make a sequel.
Cecil Thursday 11/03/2011 at 01:45 AM | 86359
Cecil, If you have any older reviews definitely post them and we'll headline 'em.
Anonymous Thursday 11/03/2011 at 02:14 AM | 86362
Cecil, If you have any older reviews definitely post them and we'll headline 'em.

Thanks! I think I'll do that. :)
Cecil Thursday 11/03/2011 at 04:34 PM | 86388