Forums Horror Movie Talk
GHOSTBUSTERS 3? How About SPECTRAL Instead?

With news constantly swirling about GHOSTBUSTERS 3 and fans chomping at the bit to find out if it is, or isn't going to happen, we get news of a new film titled SPECTRAL that is green-lit. What does this have to do with GHOSTBUSTING land? Well the story is said to be set in the GHOSTBUSTERS world however the film has been described as a much darker and more serious take on the GHOSTBUSTERS story, with a plot that revolves around a special ops group formed to bring down evil ghosts that have taken over Manhattan.

Legendary Pictures acquired this film which was written by Ian Fried. Fried is an emerging writer who previously wrote "The Ever After Murders," which landed on the 2010 Black List. For his "Ghostbusters"-like film, he put together a presentation involving a "rip reel," which is a mash-up of scenes from other movies that showed what the tone and visual style would be.

Sound like a cheap rip off? Well yes of course it does but with all the hoopla surrounding a third installment of the franchise maybe this indeed is the perfect time to pull something like this off. Are we expecting a hilarious Bill Murray style "Ghostbusting" film? No, but we may not get that anyway so take it or leave it, SPECTRAL isn't afraid to take on the competition, and it isn't afraid of no ghosts.

Source: THR.com
Shakelford, J. Rusty Saturday 11/05/2011 at 03:41 AM | 86493
It's fine with me as long it gives Columbia Pictures a kick in the ass. I would love to see GB3 regardless of Bill Murray's involvement.
weaponx Saturday 11/05/2011 at 04:01 AM | 86495
spectral sounds like it could be a pretty badass idea. is there any other info on it? i would love to read up on it! ghostbuster 3 may be outdated at this point with the original cat (bill murray or not), but i'll still see it because i love the original two films. the statue of liberty walking through new york to jackie wilson is one of my first movie memories haha
darkdeepwoods16 Saturday 11/05/2011 at 04:24 AM | 86496
No Bill Murray, No Ghostbusters.
MickeyESBBeck Sunday 11/13/2011 at 12:20 AM | 86907