Forums Horror Movie Talk
Poltergeist is being remade

I have been following this on Bloddy-Disgusting for the past year or so and they just confirmed that this is going to be remade. I don't know about you guys but I hate the idea of this being remade. This is one of the few films that still creeps me out to this day. Is hollywood out of good ideas or what?

thedarkside Wednesday 9/03/2008 at 03:57 PM | 18208
I have been following this on Bloddy-Disgusting for the past year or so and they just confirmed that this is going to be remade. I don't know about you guys but I hate the idea of this being remade. This is one of the few films that still creeps me out to this day. Is hollywood out of good ideas or what?Probably....

Yea I don't know I like alot of the remakes specially nce half of which I didn't know was a remake and thought it was a new movie until hearing about it later on...I agree though this is one of the few movies that maintain the creep affect no matter how many times you've seen it. I'm optimistic though...could be good

kweandee Wednesday 9/03/2008 at 05:11 PM | 18212
I will give it a go. I dont mind seeing a fresh take on a clasc but I need to be more open minded so I will give it a try. I tend to be negative about remakes so from now on I will hold my mouth and go into viewing them with a clear mind and see how it like them.
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 9/04/2008 at 02:20 AM | 18246
I thought the original was mediocre at best. The series wasn't very good or entertaining. But a remake? Who knows, maybe it will shed new light for me.
Petronix Friday 9/05/2008 at 06:37 PM | 18316