Forums Horror Movie Talk
The RoboCop Remake Will Focus A Great Deal On Alex Murphy's Transition Into RoboCop

Some more news regarding the RoboCop remake has made the news today. Coming Soon had the opportunity to speak with the Brazilian filmmaker Jose Padilha, who was willing to shed a little more light on his upcoming project.

"'RoboCop' the first movie was fantastic," said Padilha. "But even if there was no movie, the concept of 'RoboCop' is brilliant, first because it lends itself to a lot of social criticism, but also because it poses a question, 'To when do you lose you humanity?' The way it does that is by replacing body parts with machine parts, and that's very smart because guess what? It's going to happen!"

"I have my take on it," he continued, "And I can tell you this: In the first 'RoboCop' when Alex Murphy is shot, gunned down, then you see some hospitals and stuff and then you cut to him as RoboCop. My movie is between those two cuts. How do you make RoboCop? How do you slowly bring a guy to be a robot? How do you actually take humanity out of someone and how do you program a brain, so to speak, and how does that affect an individual?"

Padilha was also quick to add when asked about his particular style or filmmaking, "Listen, they gave me the job, I'm going to do it my way, so yeah, you're going to see myself in there. For bad or for good, I'm going to shoot it the way I shoot it."

It is expected that RoboCop may begin shooting sometime early next year.

Source: Coming Soon
Anonymous Monday 11/07/2011 at 11:21 PM | 86645