Forums Horror Movie Talk
The 'Maniac' Remake To Be Shot Almost Entirely POV Style?

Last week we dropped down the deets regarding the remake of William Lustig's masterpiece Maniac which will star

Elijah Wood

as the ck and twisted fuck, Frank Zito.

Now today, a little bit more news has surfaced regarding the remake, according to Badass Digest, sources close to the te are saying that the all the scenes in the film involving the killer will be shot POV (point of view) style - and the remaining scenes will be shot normally! This hasn't been verified yet, but if it's true we're kinda digging the concept.

The Maniac remake is directed by Franck Khalfoun and produced by Alexandre Aja and Gregory Lavasseur. Stay tuned for more.

Source: Badass Digest
Anonymous Tuesday 11/08/2011 at 11:59 PM | 86695
I've thought of that idea before, and it is s cool it might be realized. This almost makes uo for Elijah Wood being cast as Frank Zito (*gh*).
ObscureCinema101 Wednesday 11/09/2011 at 01:01 AM | 86698
I like Elijah Wood but I think he is terribly miscast. However, I thought Michael Keaton was a bad choice for Batman and he ended up doing a great job so who knows.

The POV thing is intriguing but it may come off as gimmicky. Hopefully it doesn't kickstart a POV trend. Then we'll have nothing but 3D Found Footage POV movies for the next 5 years.
Cecil Wednesday 11/09/2011 at 01:21 AM | 86709