Forums Horror Movie Talk
Prepare To Have The Stuffing Scared Out Of You... Thanksgiving The Movie? Why Not!

I am a huge fan of the double feature Grindhouse from 2007. The two films themselves were awesome, but many will agree with me in saying the faux-trailers for the film really made the whole experience that much more enjoyable. As we know, two of the faux-trailers have been made into feature length films: Machete (saw it, absolutely loved it) and Hobo with a Shotgun (haven't seen it, but it looks awesome, and I have heard good things about it). This brings me to the trailer that I really would like to see made into a full film: Thanksgiving.

The trailer was directed by Eli Roth, and it was almost as memorable as Death Proof and Planet Terror (those who have seen the trailer know why, and if not, the video is below). As of late 2010, Eli Roth said that he was intent on making the movie, and this was exciting news for anyone who loved Grindhouse as much as me. Searching through the internet, I found reports that IMDb had an anticipated release year of 2013, but no such project is seen on Roth's profile.

I ncerely hope that Roth pursues this project soon. I think this would make a great slasher that would pay homage to 70/80's slashers. Thanksgiving was tied for my favorite trailer from Grindhouse, along with Machete, and if it is anything like Machete, we could have hell of a fun movie.

What do you think, Bidites? Agree, disagree?

http://youtu.be/ZE7tyW8CYXs
darkdeepwoods16 Wednesday 11/09/2011 at 03:50 AM | 86717
I have been waiting for this ever nce I saw the trailer. Not the biggest Eli Roth fan in the world, but this had me rolling for all the right reasons. Bring on "Thanksgiving"! You'll go home for the holidays in a body bag.
CZW_CJBecker Wednesday 11/09/2011 at 10:00 PM | 86742
Im a big Eli roth fan and last time I checked he was working on many projects at the time right now. He will get to making it but as of right now he has other movies he wants to get done. Its gonna take time, but after hes done he is gonna get on it. Its something he really wants to make. Hopefully well see it by next Thanksgiving
deadly cmr Thursday 11/10/2011 at 02:17 AM | 86758
I heard a rumor while back that if they made Grindhouse 2, it was going to be Thanksgiving and Edgar Wright's Don't! which I

would SO pay money for that.
Ryze Thursday 11/10/2011 at 04:52 AM | 86762
110% down for this! The trailer for Thanksgiving was genius!
joshk1986 Thursday 11/10/2011 at 10:40 AM | 86779
I heard a rumor while back that if they made Grindhouse 2, it was going to be Thanksgiving and Edgar Wright's Don't! which I

would SO pay money for that.

I would be completely for that. It seems logical to do that, and then Grindhouse could be essentially sequels of double header exploitation films from different directors each time. And all the fake trailers would be previews of the next Grindhouse sequel, or something along those lines. That sounds excellent!
darkdeepwoods16 Sunday 11/13/2011 at 11:02 PM | 86928