Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Darren Lynn Bousman's 11-11-11 Review (Red State Killer?)

11-11-11 is about a famous author (Joseph Crone) and his struggles with life.

He loses his family and his faith in God at the same time.

As if long your family isn't bad enough it seems he can't catch a break.

He gets a phone call from his brother Samuel (played by Michael Landes), whom he hasn't talked to in a long time, telling him his father is dying.

He makes the trip back home and that's when things start going really wrong and amps up to all out creepy.From the get go this movie puts you into the thick of it.

Joseph (played by Timothy Gibbs) talks about what has happened to him and it shows short clips of the past to gets you caught up to speed.

The creepy shit start early and continues to happen more often as the movie proceeds.

I was looking in the background the whole time trying to catch a glimpse some scary face (demon).

The creep factor is definitely there, might even make a few people jump.There is a lot of religion talk and convincing.

His family and friends are trying to convince him he has a purpose in life, that he is meant for something greater.

Joseph really struggles to accept this and is only worried about 11-11.

Things start coming together for him (think about the movie 23, only when it comes to the numbers not the whole movie) and he start to understand.

His journey to figure out this 11-11 adds a lot of exciting clips through out the movie.The plot of the movie starts coming together towards the end and right when you think you're figuring it out, it throws a curve ball and leaves you thinking WTF, damn that's fucked up.

Very good and effective ending.Over all I really enjoyed Bousman's film here.

I have sold its praise to many and let them know to expect a creepy movie with a good story and special effects.

The movie isn't drug out long and there isn't very many slow parts.

Like I said already, it start fairly fast and keeps up the pace.

There is no guess work as to why something is happening/happened, its very clear and explained.

The acting in the movie is good and nothing over the top.

When it comes to religion bases horror movies that I've seen, it's probably the best (I enjoyed it much more than Kevin Smith's Red State).Rating: B+

http://youtu.be/FZsYJ-MWeYg
Shakelford, J. Rusty Friday 11/11/2011 at 01:15 AM | 86798
Nice review, short and sweet, I really wanted to see this film opening night but working late kinda shifted things.

Oh well I will still try and catch this and Harold and Kumar 3D christmas in theater soon.
Sephit Friday 11/11/2011 at 07:26 AM | 86825
i think this is a remarkably generous review right here brother. I didn't even make it through the entire film, and I didn't fid it remotely near creepy in all honesty. I honestly didn't even feel it was worth finishing to provide a review of it lol
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 11/12/2011 at 05:23 PM | 86888
I am so pissed right now because I just watched a film called 11/11/11 that might be the worst horror film of 2011 and I thought it was this film (11-11-11). If you're condering watching that film that's blatantly trying to trick people, don't. It's awful. Damn you The Asylum!
ObscureCinema101 Sunday 11/13/2011 at 11:44 PM | 86930
Hay don't say so it is not that much bad. it's not like we expected but it is not too bad. By the way by watching it you are not gonna loose anything know. I prefer watch the movie and post some comment here.
CarolynSimonsen Wednesday 11/16/2011 at 12:05 PM | 87083
Yeah, I thought 11/11/11 was 11-11-11 too when I saw it on Comcast's pay per view..I was pissed too. Because I want to see 11-11-11, and my theater wasn't playing it last week. Sometimes independent movies that just came out in theaters are on my pay per view..But not this time, and it blows.
Moon Sunday 11/20/2011 at 04:22 AM | 87246