Forums Horror Movie Talk
Which Slasher Villain Would You Like To See In A Video Game Next?

I know that there's an upcoming Child's Play game on the way but I always wanted a remake of the Friday the 13th and Nightmare On Elm Street games for new consoles. Or maybe a fighting game with slashers would be great! Either way you slice it we need some fresh, new video games that center around Slashers on current generation consoles. It makes no sense on why companies haven't acted on this. What do you guys think?

http://i39.tinypic.com/wjyydh.
CleanCut Friday 11/11/2011 at 01:58 AM | 86800
Well... They have Freddy Krueger as a downloadable character in Mortal Kombat.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Hellraiser game, from the cenobites perspective lol. That'd be interesting.

What I'd kind of like to see is the game Splatterhouse made into a movie. It'd be stupid, and ridiculous, totally gory and campy... And that's what'd make it great :P
Jonny Sicko Friday 11/11/2011 at 02:21 AM | 86813
Ive been hoping and waiting for a slasher fighting game. Have the genre favorites and then some of the cult favorites, lesser known or alternate verons as unlockable characters. Id love to see Michael Myers, Freddy, Jason, Ghostface, Leatherface, Chucky, Pinhead, Tar Man, etc... Id definitely include Angela Baker (Sleepaway Camp) as an unlockable character for sure. I dont know who Id want more though. The Felissa Rose "Angela" or the Pamela Springsteen "Angela". Maybe both? lol
NorallecoN Friday 11/11/2011 at 01:26 PM | 86831
I think a slasher fighting game would be great, the Ammityville house would make for a great arena, Captain Spaulding would be awesome in a game, As for a game based on a characters story i would love a

Michael Myers game, and i definitley agree on remakes of Friday 13th and

A Nightmare on Elm Street. I know the zombie game has been done a thousand times but i want a Walking Dead game!
Pyro316 Friday 11/11/2011 at 01:38 PM | 86834
What about a game based on the Hatchet movies?

Victor Crowley stalking you as you fight for survival through the swamps of Louiana.

I'd play it! haha

For the poster above, you'll be happy to know a Walking Dead video game is currently in the works and is in very early stages of development.

Check the link below.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/100/100887.html
xthekrakenx Friday 11/11/2011 at 02:56 PM | 86837
Well, I'm reminding you Terrordrome is not dead: http://www.terrordrome-thegame.com The only fighting game featuring the most popular Horror Icons from 70' to 90', created by fans for the fans.
Hur4c4n Friday 11/11/2011 at 03:48 PM | 86838
Remember Predator: Concret Jungle for PS2? You could unlock different Predator skins. Wouldn't it be kick ass if developers created a Friday the 13th where you play as Jason, unlocking Jason's different appearences from each film? It would have to be an original story for the game, kind of like a remake for the game, where you start at the beginning and play as his mom, then move onto "sack head" Jason. One of your misons involves acquiring the iconic hockey mask. You could have it Grand Theft Auto style with different maps including Crystal Lake, the town, and the cemetery. You would have to stalk campers quietly so as to not alert the others...

The Punisher video game had environmental kills that could be worked into the Friday the 13th game. I used to day dream this stuff. LOL!!! Make the game part hack n slash, part stealth. It would be a mixture of the best parts of Predator: Concrete Jungle, The Punisher, Grand Theft Auto, and of course, Man Hunt! Maybe even a little Splatterhouse for good measure.

SOMEBODY MAKE THIS GAME!!!

the_vengeful_machete Friday 11/11/2011 at 05:05 PM | 86841
I think the problem with the translation of the horror villains to video games is the lack of content.

If you play as Jason, Krueger, Myers, etc, then yes you can make a game where you set up and kill according to your MO.

Problem with this is that game companies would have a hard time selling this idea of becoming something like a serial killer (not that it hasn't been done before).

If you look at the villain as the challenger, this is more difficult as the character is really your only challenge to defeat.

NES titles of Nightmare and Friday are prime examples with the incluon of zombies, spiders, snakes, frankenstein monsters, etc.

LOL

Still, I think a horror game could be plauble.

Here's an idea for Nightmare on Elm Street:

The game plays like a RPG.

You create a character that has specific traits, likes, talents.

As your character, you interact with a group online milar to ms.

The legend of Krueger becomes known to you and the group and the idea of seeing him in your dreams is presented.

Your character starts experiencing these nightmares which leads to your group trying to stay awake.

You can take on misons to get supplies such as caffiene, pills, etc.

As the story progresses, the concept of Mini-naps comes into play.

Your environment can change on a dime and without notice or hints.

Example, you may be in a store and all of a sudden a Freddy glove comes out of someone or something.

When this happens you have to find a way to wake up through random ways such as phycal stimulation or one of your friends waking you.

4. Research and exploration about Freddy.

You and your group can seek out ways to deal with Freddy and kill him.

the movie ideas are present but other ideas are given through research.5.

You can enter dream realm alone or with a friend.

If you go alone you experience the nightmare for yourself.

If a friend is watching you they can't see the nightmare but witness your reactions, thus giving them a chance to wake you.

The alarm clock idea is good too.

6. Dream warriors!

Each person has special skills that can be leveled up.

You can take on freddy alone or in a group.

Certain people can also bring you into their dream like the movies.

Is Freddy dead?

If faced with Freddy and you use one of the kill ideas, it may not be the end.

Although he appears dead and noone experiences nightmares for a while, it could start again anytime.

I rambled but I think this would be a cool idea if executed right.

The real objective is creating something that isn't the same all the time so a walkthru cannot be added.

If they could make a game like a nightmare scenerio I think it could be cool!
maverick96 Friday 11/11/2011 at 07:29 PM | 86850
i defiantly think ghostface would either be fun to play as or run from
boogeyman8 Friday 11/11/2011 at 08:17 PM | 86851
Remember Predator: Concret Jungle for PS2? You could unlock different Predator skins. Wouldn't it be kick ass if developers created a Friday the 13th where you play as Jason, unlocking Jason's different appearences from each film? It would have to be an original story for the game, kind of like a remake for the game, where you start at the beginning and play as his mom, then move onto "sack head" Jason. One of your misons involves acquiring the iconic hockey mask. You could have it Grand Theft Auto style with different maps including Crystal Lake, the town, and the cemetery. You would have to stalk campers quietly so as to not alert the others...

The Punisher video game had environmental kills that could be worked into the Friday the 13th game. I used to day dream this stuff. LOL!!! Make the game part hack n slash, part stealth. It would be a mixture of the best parts of Predator: Concrete Jungle, The Punisher, Grand Theft Auto, and of course, Man Hunt! Maybe even a little Splatterhouse for good measure.

SOMEBODY MAKE THIS GAME!!!Hehe I remember the Punisher game... still have it for PC. The environment interaction kills were great. Workbench drill... fish tank... window glass... Or just the "aw fuck it" kill, and pop a cap in the guy's head.
Jonny Sicko Saturday 11/12/2011 at 12:22 AM | 86859
What about a game based on the Hatchet movies?

Victor Crowley stalking you as you fight for survival through the swamps of Louiana.

I'd play it! haha

For the poster above, you'll be happy to know a Walking Dead video game is currently in the works and is in very early stages of development.

Check the link below.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/100/100887.html

I cant beleive i didnt know about the Walking Dead game thanks for updating me. I have to agree The Hatchet series would make a good game!
Pyro316 Saturday 11/12/2011 at 01:56 PM | 86882
Well, I'm reminding you Terrordrome is not dead: http://www.terrordrome-thegame.com The only fighting game featuring the most popular Horror Icons from 70' to 90', created by fans for the fans.

theres no file there anymore

which sucks, because now im interested in that lol
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 11/12/2011 at 05:15 PM | 86887
Either Maniac Cop or Psycho Cop would be awesome, either as the killer or the victim/survivor. It would be great to see a Dead Heat video game that followed the same formula as the movie, with Treat Williams and Joe Piscopo's characters doing their thing. Of course, Blood Diner the video game as you try and assemble the ancient Sumarian feast without getting caught by the cops. Fright Night would be an awesome video game if they added in more vampires to kill. Ghost Town would make a good shoot-em-up with demonic cowboys.
ObscureCinema101 Saturday 11/12/2011 at 07:33 PM | 86891
It would be neat to have a bunch of unlockable horror characters! I agree with a lot of the previously submitted names like Michael Myers, Pinhead, Ghostface etc... and as much crap as I might get for it, I'd also suggest Billy, the puppet from the Saw franchise.
AMadSquirrel21 Monday 11/14/2011 at 02:44 AM | 86947
Ive said this before and ill say it again,horror slashers do deserve there own video games.That whole freddy mk stuff is stupid and makes no sense.The Nightmare on elm street game should be based on the original and player 1 should control Nancy and have her going around trying to save Glen and Tina and Rod while trying not to be killed by freddy herself and Halloween and friday the 13th should be the same way.For Halloween player one could play as Laurie Strode and be based on 1 and 2.Friday the 13th player 1 would have to beat Pamela Voorhees and sack head jason and hockey mask jason being based on 1,2 and 3.Thats the only way the games would turn out any good.I guess they could add a feature where you play as freddy and jason and michael myers in there games,but I don't care for that idea especially for the main game play because come on where's the horror in that if you are the horror icons plus there's also the fact that for that mode to be challenging they would have to make freddy,jason and michael myers weaker than the regular people which would make the character's look lly.Im still all for a game and i keep praying for one but let them make it great the way i said so that it doesn't ruin the integritty of the legenday icons.
horrorlord Friday 11/18/2011 at 04:34 AM | 87155
Leatherface, if not already in one.
cat Friday 11/18/2011 at 04:10 PM | 87170
Ive said this before and ill say it again,horror slashers do deserve there own video games.That whole freddy mk stuff is stupid and makes no sense.The Nightmare on elm street game should be based on the original and player 1 should control Nancy and have her going around trying to save Glen and Tina and Rod while trying not to be killed by freddy herself and Halloween and friday the 13th should be the same way.For Halloween player one could play as Laurie Strode and be based on 1 and 2.Friday the 13th player 1 would have to beat Pamela Voorhees and sack head jason and hockey mask jason being based on 1,2 and 3.Thats the only way the games would turn out any good.I guess they could add a feature where you play as freddy and jason and michael myers in there games,but I don't care for that idea especially for the main game play because come on where's the horror in that if you are the horror icons plus there's also the fact that for that mode to be challenging they would have to make freddy,jason and michael myers weaker than the regular people which would make the character's look lly.Im still all for a game and i keep praying for one but let them make it great the way i said so that it doesn't ruin the integritty of the legenday icons. i totally agree with you!!!
Dillon sum Sunday 11/20/2011 at 08:44 PM | 87277