Forums Horror Movie Talk
Bruce Campbell Talks About the Evil Dead Remake - Confirms No ASH!

With the remake of Sam Raimi's Evil Dead already creating a stir among fans, Bruce Campbell spoke briefly with TV Guide and offered up some new details regarding the film.

"We are going to remake it. The original. And people are a little iffy about that

we wanted to remake a movie that would have better effects, we're better at telling stories now, and so we found a young filmmaker - Fede Alvarez, who's from Uruguay who's gonna direct the thing and there's no 'Ash' character in it, and that pisses people off because their like 'how can you have an Evil Dead movie in it with no Ash?' We didn't want to have the direct comparison. If you put Ash and all them characters in they

would be like 'aw that guy was ok.' I wouldn't want to put an actor in that potion."

As far as appearing in the film in a cameo role, Campbell only had to say numerous times, "...I don't know."

Source: TV Guide
Anonymous Friday 11/11/2011 at 02:13 AM | 86812
It should be more of a sequel then.

Better at effects? I hope he doesn't mean CGI effects because the practical effects weren't amazing but they were a lot more believable than some CGI barf used in Drag Me to Hell.
Sephit Friday 11/11/2011 at 07:23 AM | 86824

Better at effects? I hope he doesn't mean CGI effects because the practical effects weren't amazing but they were a lot more believable than some CGI barf used in Drag Me to Hell.

i dont know... as much as i love all three ED flicks (AOD included), the first one certainly didn't offer very believable FX work lol

I'm in favor of practical over digital for sure though.
Matt_Molgaard Friday 11/11/2011 at 01:24 PM | 86830

i dont know... as much as i love all three ED flicks (AOD included), the first one certainly didn't offer very believable FX work lol

I'm in favor of practical over digital for sure though. To be honest, I actually liked Army of Darkness better than part 2. Part 2 was kind of like a remake of the first one anyways.
Sephit Friday 11/11/2011 at 06:25 PM | 86844

I'm in favor of practical over digital for sure though. To be honest, I actually liked Army of Darkness better than part 2. Part 2 was kind of like a remake of the first one anyways.

I think 2 trumps both 1 and AOD lol - for me, that right there is the PERFECT blend of humor and horror. Sammy really nailed that one.
Matt_Molgaard Friday 11/11/2011 at 09:56 PM | 86852
So you want to remake it instead of doing a next gen. with the same kind of plot, but a little different and introduce Ash's son as the main guy? Oh yeah I forgot you care about the legacy of the series and of the og.

MickeyESBBeck Saturday 11/12/2011 at 11:51 PM | 86904
I can see his point as far as "not wanting to put an actor in that potion"; but at the same time it kinda defeats the purpose.

Then again, it just may work. But...it better be a hell of a story.
aceofspades70 Thursday 11/17/2011 at 05:54 AM | 87109
He's bacally saying nobody can pull it off as good as me. He's right.
AgnesItsMeBilly Friday 11/18/2011 at 12:04 AM | 87133

I think 2 trumps both 1 and AOD lol - for me, that right there is the PERFECT blend of humor and horror. Sammy really nailed that one. In my opinion, The Evil Dead is about as close to perfection as you can get on that kind of budget. The sequal is a bloody, hilarious good time though. Evil Dead 2 is my go-to, background movie when i have people over for beers.
AgnesItsMeBilly Friday 11/18/2011 at 12:10 AM | 87134