Forums Horror Movie Talk
Slender Man: What's Really Watching from the Trees

Slender Man is the cryptic villain from the online Youtube phenomenon, 'Marble Hornets.' I discovered the series of web videos, or should I say entries, around a year ago. They contain entries of a young man being haunted by a slim, shadowy figure that tends to lurk in the forest. The story, although slow at some points, is intriguing and one of the creepiest things I have watched in a long time.

The POV in the series is from a handheld camera the man is carrying, giving you a found-footage feel, which some will love or hate.

Slenderman was created in a SomethingAwful Paranormal Pictures thread, and ever nce, people have claimed (or faked) ghtings of him from around the world. His appearance contains a tall slim stature, along with a dress coat, tie, and a blank white face. Occaonally, we see extra limbs coming out f his back. I'll leave his behavioural tendencies for you to find out when you watch it...

?w=535&h=400

I'm curious to know how many of you actually keep up with Marble Hornets, and an even bigger question: Do you think they'll make a movie out of it when the series has ended? In the right hands, I belive it could turn into something brilliant. Opinions?
A.Silent.Hill Monday 11/14/2011 at 12:02 AM | 86933
I LOVE The Marble Hornets. I was gonna do a review of the series, but it appears from entry 52 that they are not done with the saga. I've watched more horror movies than i can even begin to remember, and only a handful have creeped me out

close to as much as Marble Hornets has.

I advise anyone who calls themselves horror fans to go to youtube and type in Marble Hornets, start from the intro and entry 1, and WATCH IT AT NIGHTTIME. You will start to see slenderman lurking outde your bedroom window.
AgnesItsMeBilly Monday 11/14/2011 at 08:47 PM | 86987
I LOVE The Marble Hornets. I was gonna do a review of the series, but it appears from entry 52 that they are not done with the saga. I've watched more horror movies than i can even begin to remember, and only a handful have creeped me out

close to as much as Marble Hornets has.

I advise anyone who calls themselves horror fans to go to youtube and type in Marble Hornets, start from the intro and entry 1, and WATCH IT AT NIGHTTIME. You will start to see slenderman lurking outde your bedroom window.

Amen! I remember not being able to do the dishes because I couldn't have my back facing an open room. Slenderman managed to hit that creep factor nerve. I have no idea as to when it will end, but I'm pumped to see the rest, and I hope to see your review.

Yep, everyone needs to watch this. Marble Hornets has little to no attention here, and that suprises me!
A.Silent.Hill Monday 11/14/2011 at 10:54 PM | 86995
I've been keeping up with Marble Hornets for awhile now.

If anything it's an amazing use of the medium, youtube, for story telling. I put them all into a playlist on my youtube page to include the totheark responses.

Adding those in order will really give you the experience you really can't get in another medium.

Then add the twitter feed where the main character occaonally tweets about something keeping him from uploading a new entry, or his experiences moving from place to place.

There is a dvd available as a first ”season”, which includes entries 0-26 and totheark responses.

Although cool, the dvd shows what the creators have said in interviews, that this style of story telling doesn't work as well in other more high definition formats.

The dvd is available at

http://www.marblehornetsdvd.com.

It's also good to know that Marble Hornets has sparked milar slender man stories on youtube.

Most notably Everyman Hybrid.

Which is good to fill in time while waiting for the next ”season” of MH.

If anyone is interested in watching Marble Hornets with the totheark responses in or der, send me a message and I'll link you to the playlist on my youtube page.

It will save you some time bouncing back and forth.
Booklad Tuesday 11/15/2011 at 05:51 AM | 87018
Marble Hornets has little to no attention here, and that suprises me

Me too! Your thread is the first time i've seen it mentioned.
AgnesItsMeBilly Tuesday 11/15/2011 at 06:32 AM | 87020
I watched the first entry of Marble Hornets months ago and haven't stopped watching nce. The series "was" terrifying up until their more recent entries and it now suddenly feels played out BUT I still love it. I check daily for new entries. This whole series could be wrapped up if they just gave Slenderman his $20!
kapachowmydammie Tuesday 11/15/2011 at 07:41 AM | 87021
Add me to the list of surprised people about the lack of exposure. I first read about the series at unrealitymag.com and I just had to check it out. I've only gotten to episode 20 or so because the only chance I have to watch it is on my phone at work so it's been awhile nce I've gotten to watch it. It sure gives me the creeps though. Few movies can make me scared of the dark, but this little web series keeps me looking over my shoulder. I really need some time to just t and watch it all the way through.
Ed Reilly Tuesday 11/15/2011 at 06:23 PM | 87036
i love the marble hornets videos and slender man and they're actualy making a movie about it staring jesca biel called the tall man. heres the imdb link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1658837/
gore210 Tuesday 11/15/2011 at 10:00 PM | 87037
i love the marble hornets videos and slender man and they're actualy making a movie about it staring jesca biel called the tall man. heres the imdb link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1658837/

Thanks for telling me, BUT it has nothing to do with Marble Hornets. If you look in the questions section, it mentions that it is not related to Slender Man in any way. Still looks like an awesome movie though, I can't wait for it!
A.Silent.Hill Wednesday 11/16/2011 at 12:18 AM | 87043
I've been keeping up with Marble Hornets for awhile now.

If anything it's an amazing use of the medium, youtube, for story telling. I put them all into a playlist on my youtube page to include the totheark responses.

Adding those in order will really give you the experience you really can't get in another medium.

Then add the twitter feed where the main character occaonally tweets about something keeping him from uploading a new entry, or his experiences moving from place to place.

There is a dvd available as a first ”season”, which includes entries 0-26 and totheark responses.

Although cool, the dvd shows what the creators have said in interviews, that this style of story telling doesn't work as well in other more high definition formats.

The dvd is available at

http://www.marblehornetsdvd.com.

It's also good to know that Marble Hornets has sparked milar slender man stories on youtube.

Most notably Everyman Hybrid.

Which is good to fill in time while waiting for the next ”season” of MH.

If anyone is interested in watching Marble Hornets with the totheark responses in or der, send me a message and I'll link you to the playlist on my youtube page.

It will save you some time bouncing back and forth.

I've only seen a few of the Totheark responses, and after what you've said, I think I'll go back and watch them. I also didn't know about the twitter account! That's cool. The DVD would be something I'd conder getting, but I hope they release another one with every bit of video on it once the series has ended. Now I've heard lots and lots about Everyman Hybrid but but I've aso never bothered to watch that, so that'll be on my list of things to do. Thanks for the input!
A.Silent.Hill Wednesday 11/16/2011 at 12:23 AM | 87044
I watched the first entry of Marble Hornets months ago and haven't stopped watching nce. The series "was" terrifying up until their more recent entries and it now suddenly feels played out BUT I still love it. I check daily for new entries. This whole series could be wrapped up if they just gave Slenderman his $20

Yeah the series was very slow at one point, but it has come back up to speed story-wise and I'm into it again. Ha, 20$ ? I still have no clue what his motives are.
A.Silent.Hill Wednesday 11/16/2011 at 12:26 AM | 87046
Add me to the list of surprised people about the lack of exposure. I first read about the series at unrealitymag.com and I just had to check it out. I've only gotten to episode 20 or so because the only chance I have to watch it is on my phone at work so it's been awhile nce I've gotten to watch it. It sure gives me the creeps though. Few movies can make me scared of the dark, but this little web series keeps me looking over my shoulder. I really need some time to just t and watch it all the way through.

Looking over my shoulder became a hobby after watching Marble Hornets XD
A.Silent.Hill Wednesday 11/16/2011 at 12:29 AM | 87047
FINALLY someone writes about Marble Hornets! Such a good show, although I will say the last 10 or so entries have dragged on a bit in my opinion, I think they should at least show some gn of things wrapping up, but great thread here man, such a clever and affective little show
joshk1986 Wednesday 11/16/2011 at 10:24 AM | 87076
THANK YOU

i think i should thank you very much for you can waste lot of time to write this post .....thank you again for your sharing.._________________________________________________________________ I live my life in colour and see in soundMake sure you are heard! Diablo III AccountsDiablo 3 ItemsDiablo 3 News
chensisi Friday 11/18/2011 at 01:41 AM | 87141