Forums Horror Movie Talk
It's Official: Herman, Lily, Grandpa, Eddie & Marilyn Are NBC-Bound In The Munsters Reboot

For those of you keeping track, it's now official - NBC is picking up Bryan Fuller's reboot of 'The Munsters' to pilot!

This announcement comes less then 2 weeks after the network received Fuller's final script. According to Deadline, Universal Televion will be producing the project which is being described as an imaginative reinvention of the show from the 60s as a visually spectacular one-hour drama.

Fuller originally developed The Munsters last season and his was one of very few scripts new NBC chief Bob Greenblatt kept in play when he took over the network in January. Greenblatt rolled the project to get it redeveloped by his team. Fuller's new outline submitted in September was received well, and his new script was delivered to NBC early this month.

The current buzz seems to suggest that the network envions the new Munsters as a potential summer or event series.

The project will features striking visuals mixed with all the clasc Munsters archetypes.

Grandpa Sam Dracula is essentially Dracula who assembled Herman because no man was good enough for his daughter Lily, a sexy vamp. Lily's niece Marilyn the freak is actually normal and

Lily and Herman’s only child, Eddie, has his werewolf tendencies surface in puberty, forcing the family to relocate to their famous 1313 Mockingbird Lane address.

Stay tuned for casting announcements as they roll in.

Source:Deadline
Anonymous Thursday 11/17/2011 at 03:28 AM | 87105
Sounds like fun,, i love the munsters(:
Tobyisoctopus Thursday 11/17/2011 at 04:28 AM | 87108
i remember my dad always talking about how much he loved the munsters. if it was a good as he said it was, i hope the new edition does it justice
darkdeepwoods16 Thursday 11/17/2011 at 07:40 PM | 87119
Brad Garrett as Herman?
JediRob Friday 11/18/2011 at 05:21 PM | 87172