Forums Horror Movie Talk
Chidl's Play Remake is official

From Bloody-Disgusting:

One franchise that appears to have been drilled in the ground is CHILD'S PLAY, which last saw Chucky on the big screen back in 2004 with the release of SEED OF CHUCKY. Nearly four years later, creator Don Mancini is hard at work penning the remake for the film (that he'll also direct), which kicked off back in 1988 with a killer who transfers his soul into the body of a Good Guy doll. We've broke a whole bunch of stories here on B-D, and today we had the chance to have a few more questions answered... like what will change in the remake, including Chucky's degn. Read on for the skinny.

This afternoon Bloody Disgusting reporter BC chatted with CHILD'S PLAY creator Don Mancini who talked a bit on why he's remaking the film and not continuing with a xth film.

"Well because the main thing is that we want to make it scary again, rather than comedic," Don Mancini tells Bloody-Disgusting. "And I think that was really the response to SEED, the fans sort of told us that they want it to be scary again. I think if we did a direct sequel to SEED OF CHUCKY, which is a horror comedy, it would be a little tougher to continue the aspects of that story which so inherently absurd."

Don Mancini tells us that what it all comes down to is making the franchise scary again, and remaking it is the best way to go.

"That the bottom line, our main mison was to make it scary again and the best way to do that would be to reboot it."

One of the main questions we have all been wondering is how much of the original will be in the remake. Mancini explains that even Chucky will get a slight reboot...

"...And it’s a remake, but there are a lot of new things in it" he explains. "None of the details of the murders in the first movie will be repeated. All of the setpieces are going to be completely brand new, and we’re going to do a slight re-degn on Chucky himself, although Brad Dourif will absolutely be the voice of Chucky, and will once again play Charles Lee Ray in the flesh. And we’re giving him more to do than he did in the original movie."

This all sounds like exciting news, especially if you aren't a fan of SEED. Watch this spot for the full interview soon.
DaShape Saturday 9/06/2008 at 12:47 AM | 18348
I still say there is a tie between the Original My Buddy Doll and the Good Guy Doll... My Buddy came in a Tree house looking box and he was ment to be your best friend... Good guys come from the good guy club house and he'll be your friend till the end... Hmmm... I say the writer of (Child's Play) took the My Buddy Doll concept and turned it into a terreristic nightmare for kids! LMAO... I think making the film scary again is a VERY good idea! the first 2 were Awesome, but the first one was without a doubt a Clasc itself and the Best one! Part 3 was ok, but then they went bazerk in there minds with Bride of Chucky and so forth...

And changes to the doll... Hmmm... Hope his hair is still orange if anything...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Saturday 9/06/2008 at 02:41 AM | 18357
I don't like this idea one bit. Child's Play was never a favorite film of mine and I just can't see why it needs to be made. I am not sure how much more of a story they can tell. That is just my two cents.

~James
dougefresh Saturday 9/06/2008 at 04:21 PM | 18394
I'd still rather watch Black Devil Doll:

http://www.blackdevildoll.com

lblambert Saturday 9/06/2008 at 06:44 PM | 18412