Forums Horror Movie Talk
THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO Gets Rating - PG-13 or R?

David Fincher's THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO gets a rating today from the MPAA and thankfully for us horror fans it's an early Thanksgiving Day treat that we can all be thankful for. The film got slapped with a hard R rating due to "brutal violent content including rape and torture, strong sexuality, graphic nudity, and language."

Nothing says good horror like a hard R rating and THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO just keeps sounding better and better as everyday passes and BooMan announced yesterday that HorrorBid will be getting some excluve photos or material as he put it which is another reason to be excited.

The film stars Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Christopher Plummer and Robin Wright and hits theaters everywhere on December 21st.

Plot Synops: " Hoping to distance himself from the fallout of a libel conviction, journalist Mikael Blomkvist (Craig) retreats to a remote island in Sweden's far north where the unsolved murder of a young girl still haunts her industrialist uncle forty years later. Ensconced in a cottage on the island where the killer may still roam, Blomkvist's investigation draws him into the secrets and lies of the rich and powerful, and throws him together with one unlikely ally tattooed, punk hacker, Lisbeth Salander (Mara)."

Source:

http://networkedblogs.com/qt9dw
Shakelford, J. Rusty Wednesday 11/23/2011 at 05:29 PM | 87387
I don't understand the drive to remake relatively new movies.

Why does this film exist?

Is it because Americans refuse to read subtitles?

It's Let Me In all over again!

The original veron of this film is incredibly good.

I see no reason for the Fincher veron to exist at all, whatever its rating might be.
freakengine Wednesday 11/23/2011 at 07:18 PM | 87397
You hit the nail on the head. Subtitled movies don't do as well in America as non-subtitled ones. You can use your imagination and there's a bevy of speculations of why, but I'm going with this one: People are becoming retarded. WORDS R 2 HARD!!! jk

Guess studies have shown that most people don't want to read while they're paying to see a movie. Which means they'll pay to see another, the SAME movie where they don't have to read? Kind of makes no sense to me either.
Jonny Sicko Thursday 11/24/2011 at 02:13 AM | 87409