Forums Horror Movie Talk
Bring Back The Mask: Financing Leslie Vernon!

When I first saw "Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" I thought it was okay. Just coming off of "Hatchet", I guess I was expecting a brutal gore fest. It was pretty clever, however, but it didn't exactly get my blood pumping (few films do that these days ). I was thinking about checking it out again, this time with no expectations of hardcore gore. Usually, films only get better after repeated viewings (I'm talking about you NOES remake).

Anywho, I (and I'm sure many of you) recently read an article in the latest Horrorhound detailing the proposed sequel’s funding problems and how the filmmakers plan to bypass the stubborn financiers and go straight for the jugular—or in this case the fans. Below is a selection taken from the “Before the Mask” Facebook page.

"THIS FILM WON'T GET MADE WITHOUT YOUR HELP.

Do you want to see the next Leslie Vernon movie? Pre-reserve the DVD today and help it get made. This is our grassroots campaign to finance BEFORE THE MASK: THE RETURN OF LESLIE VERNON. It's mple, the filmmakers and stars are back for another round and are looking to you, the indie horror community, for a commitment. We need YOU to pre-reserve a copy of the finished product. You will be helping the film get made! A pretty clear return on your investment.

You WILL NOT be charged until this project is FUNDED and GREENLIT.

So: You Reserve the Supporters Edition of the DVD* = Film Gets Made. Pretty mple? Right then...LET'S DO IT. "Like" the page and follow the instructions to pledge your $$ to see this film get made.

Never has there been a time like this where fans can get the movies they want to see get made."

I don't know about you, but I'd say that's a pretty admirable (and novel) approach to funding a movie, don’t you think? So whaddya say, Bidites? Do you wanna see “The Return of Leslie Vernon”? If so here’s where to go:

http://www.facebook.com/BeforeTheMask

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/bizkithead21/thumbnailCAWT5WX3.jpg" class="photoborder" />

I was thinking of kicking in some bread myself. They've raised around 40k so far, so let's get the ball rolling and be part of something special.

the_vengeful_machete Saturday 11/26/2011 at 03:05 PM | 87550
Very good article. Way to go guys. This sounds like a great project.
aceofspades70 Sunday 11/27/2011 at 08:09 PM | 87580
loved the first one, wish i could afford to help fund this. unfortunately even working 65 hrs a week, I'm barely able to keep a roof over my head.

Writing...why did I have to fall in love with this profeson, and why is it such a fucking horrible paying gig????? ::insert sad laughter::
Matt_Molgaard Sunday 11/27/2011 at 09:06 PM | 87581
I was really really excited when I read in the latest issue of Horror Hound that they were seriously working on getting the next Behind the Mask made. I LOVED how clever the 1st one was. I like that they are asking the fans for help to get this off the ground. I was able to pre-order the poster/DVD combo, I would of loved to of been able to do one of the more expenve packages but that kind of money isn't easy to come up with these days. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that with the magazine spread and through word of mouth in the horror communites enough fans can pull together the means to get this film made. I will be impaiently waiting.
iamchristina260 Monday 11/28/2011 at 01:57 AM | 87584
I think I need to see the first one...
DoubleshotJ Monday 11/28/2011 at 12:51 PM | 87593
So... are they going to remake it or just make a second film? I enjoyed the first one and bought the ck mask from The Prop Shop.

Corpsegrinder Tuesday 7/03/2012 at 01:05 AM | 94259