Forums Horror Movie Talk
Silent Night of the Living Dead Reveals It's First Artwork & Tom Savini Added To The Cast

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, In hopes that a zombie would soon would be there??

What's this you say? Zombies and Christmas together for the first time? Yep.

lent Night of the Living Dead is an upcoming horror/comedy which is set to be released in December of 2013. So it's a long time before we'll get to see some zombie mayhem hit just in time for the holidays, but check out this rad piece of news which we learned from Shock Till You Drop, according to the te Tom Savini (FX maestro) and AJ Bowen (You're Next) have already joined the cast. "The two will play father and son - as two Americans who have lived in the small British town for the past 15 years."

In the film, which is directed by Paul Davis and written by James Moran (Severance), folks living in a West Sussex town barricade themselves in a high school to fend off zombies.

With this I want to go back to Romero and Fulci in terms of making the zombie scary again," Davis told STYD. "To help me in that department, I have enlisted the special effects make-up talents of recent Academy Award winner Dave Elsey . I met Dave, and his wife Lou, on The Wolfman at Pinewood in 2008 and just fell in love with both of them. They're so talented and so incredibly sweet and adore that they are just utterly besotted with monsters - A couple after my own heart. I came away from that first meeting with them knowing that if and when I made my first monster movie, I wanted to work with them and was delighted when Dave said yes. Some the ideas we've already bounced between us are very exciting, and I know that the kind of variety I'm going for with regard to the look of the zombies is exactly what Dave wants to do."

Check out this kick-ass piece of artwork which promises that Christmas will be "The Holiest Night Of Horror That The World Has Ever Known..."

Production is scheduled to begin late spring; with filming commencing in the fall of 2012. Look for 'lent Night...' to be released in December of 2013. Stay tuned for more...

Source: STYD
Anonymous Monday 11/28/2011 at 10:22 PM | 87597