Forums Horror Collectibles
Ash And The "Army of Darkness" Returns In Comic Form Once Again

Below is some great news for EVIL DEAD and ARMY OF DARKKNESS fans. From Figures.com comes word,

Written by Elliot Serrano and drawn by Marat Mychaels, with covers by Tim Seeley

and Marat Mychaels (above), Army of Darkness returns to comics with a new #1 next February 2012.

In issue #1, a new chapter in the Army of Darkness saga begins. As the evil of the Necronomicon spreads across the cosmos, a new ally in the war against the Deadites emerges. Who is the woman named "Ash" and what relation does she have to "The Chosen One" Ashley J. Williams? And who is the alien Deadite creature who follows her across time and space? The answers lie deep within the pyramids of ancient Egypt... in a parallel universe!

"With the relaunch of the Army of Darkness series, we're hoping to take the story of Ashley J. Williams' struggle against the forces of the Necronomicon in interesting new directions, while remaining faithful to the spirit of the original film," says writer Elliot Serrano. "We're going to meet new characters, face bigger baddies and explore what it truly means to be the 'Chosen One' in the AOD universe. Starting with Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell, so many talented people have contributed to the AOD mythos - not only in the movies but also in comics and video games - and living up to their efforts has been a real challenge. But I'm also drawing inspiration from those creators who've gone before me. As a HUGE AOD fan myself, I'm trying to tell a story that I would love to read myself!"

Source:

http://www.figures.com/forums/news/1448 ... omics.html
Shakelford, J. Rusty Tuesday 11/29/2011 at 12:50 AM | 87602
being on my big comic fixation lately, its likely i'll be grabbin this
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 11/29/2011 at 04:08 PM | 87626