Forums Horror Movie Talk
Screenwriter Diablo Cody Talks the 'Evil Dead' Remake To MTV News

MTV News recently caught up with Diablo Cody who is handling the writing duties for the Evil Dead remake, and according to the article, they couldn't rest asking about her revions on the latest drafts of Fede Alvarez's "Evil Dead" script. Cody responded by saying that she didn't know how many details she could let fly but she was willing to share how she contributed to the project.

"It was really important again to the filmmakers that it remain totally grounded in reality and timeless. They weren't trying to make some hip trendy horror movie full of pop culture references. I really hope people don't think that that's what I was hired to do," Cody said. "I came in and worked on characters and relationships, things like that."

Cody made it clear that the film will have plenty of references to the original movie. She also made sure to keep the original in mind when she wrote her changes to the script, and also stressed the importance to everyone involved in the project to keep the spirit of the first movie alive. One of the top priorities was to make sure that the creative team from the 1981 flick were still on board, which they are.

"I will say that Sam Raimi, of course, and Bruce Campbell are both involved as producers and that I wouldn't have worked on it otherwise. Had to have the original geniuses," said Cody.
Anonymous Tuesday 11/29/2011 at 11:02 PM | 87648