Forums Television
Breaking News: There IS Hope For a Second Season of 'Death Valley'!

The Bidite nation knows how heavily I've campaigned for MTV's pseudo doc/mocumentary series, Death Valley. The first season kicked absolute ass, and while the show hasn't toppled ratings charts, it's a program well worth a second season. Up until this point we've had virtually zero indication that MTV had any interest in continuing on with the show; that all just changed about five minutes ago.

Death Valley executive producer, Tim Healy didn't have too much to share with me in regards to the show's future, but he did tell me, "We're working hard at trying to make a season 2 happen."

While that's certainly no solid commitment (I would never put words into someone else's mouth, or provide bogus info or misquotations), it's a serious gn of optimism and it does support the idea that MTV exec's aren't fully prepared to completely abandon the program. It's also a gn that those of us who work in the entertainment field, who've been supporting the show religiously via media outlets such as horrorbid.com, may be making a little difference.

We'll keep you informed as any more news surfaces in regards to the shows future. In the meantime, if you're a Death Valley fan, express yourself via facebook, twitter and of course MTV's Death Valley page: there is hope
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 11/30/2011 at 02:53 AM | 87668