Forums Horror Movie Talk
Robert Rodriguez Talks "Predators" Sequel

Last year in 2010, Robert Rodriguez let the public know that the "Predators" reboot was meant to test the market. The long term goal was to put together a smaller film and and save all the big, grandiose ideas and big set pieces for the sequel. "The original film sets up a new storyline, new location and world, and then you can really go crazy from there," he said.

Plans can change and no news about 2010's "Predators" which hit theaters over a year ago and nary a word of a sequel has been mentioned. The Playlist now caught up with Rodriguez to find out what's going on. "I haven't talked to

in a while. I know they liked the idea of doing another one," he explained. "I should probably call and check in. I've just been busy doing these other things."

"Predators" cost $40 million to make and went on to gross $127 million worldwide. But because it was only able to bring in $52 million domestically, Fox hasn't been excited about putting a sequel into production. The lousy 64% fresh rating on RottenTomatoes doesn't help either.

Source:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... g-projects
Shakelford, J. Rusty Friday 12/02/2011 at 01:04 AM | 87735
This sounds like a Bryan nger/Warner Bros. tuation.

Execs probably looked at the bottom dollar and decided that doing a sequel is not worth their time.

Same with Friday 13th and Nightmare remakes.

If the movie would have brought more potive feedback I bet Rodriguez would be working on it as we speak.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like he or the Predator will return unless the golden script lands on corporates doorstep. Sad to say.
maverick96 Friday 12/02/2011 at 03:01 AM | 87741
"Predators" cost $40 million to make..."

"The long term goal was to put together a smaller film and and save all the big, grandiose ideas and big set pieces for the sequel."

How much is the sequel going to cost? 80 million?

"it was only able to bring in $52 million domestically..."

A lousy 12 million dollar profit? All is lost.
aceofspades70 Friday 12/02/2011 at 04:16 PM | 87760
i'd love to see a sequel. Predators is one of my favorite reboots in years.
Matt_Molgaard Friday 12/02/2011 at 04:38 PM | 87761
i'd love to see a sequel. Predators is one of my favorite reboots in years.

Me too, I just think it's funny how they throw all these huge numbers around.
aceofspades70 Saturday 12/03/2011 at 05:24 PM | 87837