Forums Horror Movie Talk
Dimension Films All But Confirming SCREAM 5 Now!

Yesterday we had a story posted that Dimenon Films was teang SCREAM 5 in an online poll via their Facebook page. I thought nothing of it as companies tend to do that from time to time, more of testing the waters that all out announcing a sequel. But today, via Twitter, Dimenon Films has made me a believer in the hype that SCREAM 5 will indeed happen. They posted the following below.

We know the SCARY MOVIE 5 is a reality that has a solid date and is a film that is in the works so one would only assume that if indeed Dimenon is mentioning SCREAM 5 here that it will be made as well. I went from wavering yesterday to believing today. Should we take a "tweet" for it's word? What do you believe? Will SCREAM 5 be made?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 12/06/2011 at 06:47 PM | 87974
Why?
Dimiter Tuesday 12/06/2011 at 07:12 PM | 87979
Agreed!
Shakelford, J. Rusty Tuesday 12/06/2011 at 07:18 PM | 87981
If you'd like to know my feelings on this SEE COMMENT POSTED ON THE CABIN THE WOODS STORY! Original horror always!
indygogo Tuesday 12/06/2011 at 08:03 PM | 87988
if they're looking to line 5 up in the near future, we could be in trouble: Craven has been pretty adamant about his dere to take a lengthy vacation from filmmaking, which would keep him out of the directors chair, unless he's had some form of serious change of heart, which I doubt condering how hurt he was over MSTT's reception and what negative reviews did emerge for S4. I don't think we'll see Craven make another movie for a few years at least, honestly.
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 12/06/2011 at 08:34 PM | 87994
Do it, you won't, Dimenon!
darkerdays Thursday 12/08/2011 at 12:08 AM | 88054
if they're looking to line 5 up in the near future, we could be in trouble: Craven has been pretty adamant about his dere to take a lengthy vacation from filmmaking, which would keep him out of the directors chair, unless he's had some form of serious change of heart, which I doubt condering how hurt he was over MSTT's reception and what negative reviews did emerge for S4. I don't think we'll see Craven make another movie for a few years at least, honestly.

I will be the first to say that I actually liked MSTT more than Scre4m. It was something different and although it had some milarities to past works, it was entertaining to me and it didn't feature some ridiculous opening that belonged in Scary Movie 5, it didn't have kill scenes ruined by over the top lines like "Fuck you Bruce Willis" (Not funny) and the muc was way better than in Scream 4, plus the ending had some balls. The ending of Scream 4 didn't make sense and to be honest the whole film felt like it should have been a remake but they didn't have the balls to make it that way so they forced a sequel.I know people on here liked it but as a fan of the first Scream, I was super disappointed with the recent sequel and the fact that they want to make a part 5 is beneath me. Sure they want to make some money but did Scream 4 even do that great at the box office?

The only way they can make a good sequel is to bring the vibe of the first film back, add a way better soundtrack than the past sequels (they all sucked) and make a film that has more heart!

Anyone with me on this?
Sephit Thursday 12/08/2011 at 08:49 AM | 88067
I agree with you about the opening. I wasnt too thrilled with what should have been their traditional BIG surprise opening death scene. It was very lackluster. As far as the remake comment, if it felt like it should have been a remake, that was the point. With all of the remakes being made, Scream4 did what all the other Scream films did which is reference and poke a bit of fun at the current state of horror.

I am all for Scream5. The fact that Scream4 was the start of a new Scream trilogy, I think they need to complete that new story. I love the characters in the franchise and look forward to seeing how the next 2 films play out.
NorallecoN Friday 12/09/2011 at 11:59 PM | 88119
I agree with you about the opening. I wasnt too thrilled with what should have been their traditional BIG surprise opening death scene. It was very lackluster. As far as the remake comment, if it felt like it should have been a remake, that was the point. With all of the remakes being made, Scream4 did what all the other Scream films did which is reference and poke a bit of fun at the current state of horror.

I am all for Scream5. The fact that Scream4 was the start of a new Scream trilogy, I think they need to complete that new story. I love the characters in the franchise and look forward to seeing how the next 2 films play out.

I know what you mean about them poking fun at the remakes but if that was the plan then they should have poked fun at RZ Halloween with the zombie mask on screen, had way more twisted deaths instead of nearly everyone getting stabbed in the stomach. They bacally already did complete the new story in part 4 with nearly all of the new characters being dead already.

It will be super pointless to make a part 5 other than money concerns but if they do end up making a new one, lets just hope that it is a ton better than 4 and lets hope that they have more guts this time.

They poked fun at SAW but I would seriously watch any of the SAWs again instead of watching Scream 4 again (sans SAW 3D).
Sephit Saturday 12/10/2011 at 01:26 AM | 88125
I'm all for a Scream 5... if Brian De Palma writes & directs it.
Xtroid Saturday 12/17/2011 at 05:49 PM | 88379
man i would love them to make a part 5 im a huge slasher fan. man if craven would of made a remake instead of part 4 you people would of been pissed off.. you people can never be happy. man i really enjoyed scream 4.
Fridaythe13th Monday 12/19/2011 at 09:06 PM | 88446
man i would love them to make a part 5 im a huge slasher fan. man if craven would of made a remake instead of part 4 you people would of been pissed off.. you people can never be happy. man i really enjoyed scream 4.

Well Scream 4 was bacally a lackluster remake imo.
Sephit Monday 12/19/2011 at 10:46 PM | 88452
Scream 4 was not bad, but I really was expecting something more.

I hope to see in the next film

something

really amazing.
Jerry Blake Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 10:02 AM | 89229