Forums Horror Movie Talk
Will A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET Sequel Remake Enter the 3D World?

A Nightmare On Elm Street remake made $32.9 million in its first three days of its theater release. This is nearly enough to cover the production costs of a new Freddy Krueger flick.

Warner Bros. was already planning on developing a sequel that will allow us to see Jackie Earle Haley and his bladed glove. There's a posble chance that this sequel will be in 3D. As many of you remember that producer Brad Fuller was in a difficult potion for sequel, especially after his unsuccesful project, FRIDAY the 13th: Part 2 remake. Now that his horror remake came out with good results, its safe to say that Brad Fuller might take another walk down Elm Street.

What do you guys think, should we see Freddy behind the 3D glasses?

SOURCE: Screenrant.com
horror3747 Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 01:45 AM | 88010
For the love of Freddy! NOOOOOO!!!!!
BloodyAdored Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 03:31 AM | 88015
JEH is no Fred Krueger man! I'm sorry... if they wanted to replace Rob they really should have done a better job on casting. Sooo, If they want to do a sequel with JEH as the dream demon I'd prefer Hollywood just kept the damn thing, 3D or not... It's one thing to find a big dude and slap a hockey mask on em' or a "Michael Meyers" mask, but Freddy is a real deal character. The only iconic slasher really with an actual face and depth. Don't know that you could ever really replace Rob Englund, but Haley in my opinion was a pitiful attempt... there... that's my rant lol
10topprs Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 04:04 AM | 88017
I liked the remake and would be interesting to see a sequel. But please no 3D.
ropotoptoponop Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 04:10 AM | 88019
i just want a sequel, dont really give a fuck if its 3-d or not... The last 3-d Freddy film was underwhelming, but decent, so its a tough call. I guess if its filmed with 3-d cameras and the 3rd dimenon effects are not added in post, then yeah, sure, why the fuck not.
jswaffxxx Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 05:57 AM | 88026
I don't really like the remake to much but I blame other things than JEH. He actually did a lot better than I expected. Now the girl who played Nancy was awful. As for a sequel I am down and for 3d I just don't care 3d doesn't interest me at all
DoubleshotJ Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 04:05 PM | 88033
When a headline has the words "sequel remake" in it, the answer should be evident.

I really hated the remake, and I've been a fan nce seeing the original in the theatre all those years ago.

Most of the victims were wearing more makeup that Freddy, and I don't just mean the girls.

It was a very poorly made film.
freakengine Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 06:42 PM | 88043
I don't really like the remake to much but I blame other things than JEH. He actually did a lot better than I expected. Now the girl who played Nancy was awful. As for a sequel I am down and for 3d I just don't care 3d doesn't interest me at all I actually hope he's back for a sequel... hes no Englund, but he did a good job in the remake...
Kidtut Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 08:05 PM | 88046
Are you fucking kidding me? Why not?
darkerdays Thursday 12/08/2011 at 12:06 AM | 88053
I'm normally against remakes/reimaginings & tend to loathe 3D. Every so often, I'm pleasantly surprised. When the NOES remake was announced, being a die-hard fan of the franchise, I figured it would truly be a nightmare. I went in with an open mind & I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised. I thought JEH was fantastic. I didn't want funny Freddy back. I wanted a true monster; given what they did with the Krueger back story & what he was later revealed as being, I felt I got more than I bargained for there. The acting of the supporting cast was a tad weak, but overall, I was happy with it & definitely wouldn't mind seeing the story continue or seeing a sequel in 3D. The more Freddy, the better.

CZW_CJBecker Thursday 12/08/2011 at 09:21 PM | 88087
It doesn't really matter whether they do the sequel in 3D or not as long as they do one.The sequel is long over do and we need a part 2 of A Nightmare on Elm street and a Friday the 13th part 2.Both remakes are great and we need several sequels to both franchises.
horrorlord Saturday 12/10/2011 at 06:05 AM | 88130