Forums Horror Movie Talk
SAW Series May Be Back 'Some Day' Say's Lionsgate's Vice Chairman

One series that I sadly missed this past Halloween was the Saw series. I know a lot of people feel that the series should have ended with the third installment - but not this Bidite. I say, keep them coming - and my wish just may come true.

According to Lionsgate Vice Chairman Michael Burns who was recently interviewed by CNBC about the potential merger between Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment, another Saw film is quite posble.

"I'm sure, some day, you'll see Saw back in the picture," Burns said. Yeah so we may be grasping on this one but it sure would be nice to see Jigsaw at it again.Maybe if we all keep our fingers crossed really tightly this way become reality in the near future.

Source: STYD
Anonymous Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 03:42 PM | 88032
Doesn't surprise me you can try to end a popular franchise but it just don't work. I really hope if they bring it back It wont

be a remake
DoubleshotJ Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 04:08 PM | 88034
Hell why not! I'm down to watch another Saw!
BloodyAdored Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 04:35 PM | 88035
As crazy as this sounds, I kind of hope there's a lengthy delay before the series returns. The story became pretty convoluted in the latter franchise installments, and I think a good break will do some good. I'm not huge on the Saw franchise, but I'd be a liar if I said I didnt own every one, and enjoy some element of each picture; I just don't want to see one every year until there's something more tangible in the story; time and fresh minds should provide that.
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 04:49 PM | 88036
I think some time should pass before another one is mad, and when it comes out, it should just bang out hard with "Here It Is".

As far as the franchise itself, I love it. Dresng as the tricycle character at a haunted house I used to work at was always a huge hit.
aceofspades70 Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 04:59 PM | 88038
SAW 8: REDUNDANCY
Dimiter Wednesday 12/07/2011 at 07:29 PM | 88045
I want them to make SAW 8!
darkerdays Thursday 12/08/2011 at 12:04 AM | 88052
The Saw franchise is one of my favorites and after a very disappointing "end" with Saw 3D,I almost hope we'll see Jigsaw back on the screen.I just hope they do a good job and don't try to force in some stupid plot line like Jigsaw had another long lost assstant or some crap like that.I also wouldn't enjoy a remake or something like that.Just like Robert Englund I feel that Tobin Bell is the only man meant to play Jigsaw.
zombie10 Thursday 12/08/2011 at 01:50 AM | 88058
Come on you guys, how could you even think for one second they would remake a series as recent as Saw? That would be like if they just straight up remade Scream or even the less popular Hatchet. Sure nothing is sacred, but the point of remakes is to bring back older, more established franchises- unless its a recent movie that was made in a different country. That said, seven Saw films is more than enough. I think they ended the series as best they could, given that Jigsaw has been dead nce part three- seven movies and he's been dead nce the second sequel- if that's not milking a series to the max I don't know what is. And you know if they make more there will be more accomplises, no doubt about it.

Its time to let this one go.
Nick Death Thursday 12/08/2011 at 02:51 AM | 88061
Saw 3D's finale was so crap and expected that I've gone off the series completely. To think the whole series lead to that one final ending is such a shame, so if they return to the series later on down the track to end it right, it might be ok. I personally think Saw 5 was the best of the later sequels (part 2 being my favourite)
joshk1986 Thursday 12/08/2011 at 07:46 AM | 88064
Saw 3D's finale was so crap and expected that I've gone off the series completely. To think the whole series lead to that one final ending is such a shame, so if they return to the series later on down the track to end it right, it might be ok. I personally think Saw 5 was the best of the later sequels (part 2 being my favourite)

Very interesting choices my friend, I'm partial to 2 as well but I would skip 5 and go with 6 as being the best of the later sequels.

I was super disappointed with Saw 3D, it was bacally the "Freddy's Dead" of the franchise so lets hope they come back with a "New Nightmare" type sequel.
Sephit Thursday 12/08/2011 at 09:42 AM | 88070
I'm all for another one of these. The ending of 'Saw 3D' did leave some loose ends IE who was helping Gordon...the ultimate fate of Hoffman (he can ealy break his foot like Donnie Wahlberg did to escape), Gordon's life post Jigsaw, etc. They've become a Halloween tradition; it was strange not going to the theater for a 'Saw' film this year. I will gladly take another one of these over another "Paranormal Activity" movie ANYTIME.
CZW_CJBecker Thursday 12/08/2011 at 09:11 PM | 88085

Very interesting choices my friend, I'm partial to 2 as well but I would skip 5 and go with 6 as being the best of the later sequels.

I was super disappointed with Saw 3D, it was bacally the "Freddy's Dead" of the franchise so lets hope they come back with a "New Nightmare" type sequel.

My biggest problem with Saw 3D was the fact that the climax was so predictable for two main reasons.

***SPOILERS***

1. Dr Gordon's return to the series was the main focal point among fans and critics of the final film. The fact that he only showed up in the first 15 minutes of the film in very very brief scenes made it very clear that his screentime wasn't over so come the climax, you knew he was going to pop up somewhere. 2. There were literally hundreds of youtube clips of people's theories of where the Saw films were heading even when Saw 2 was fresh in cinemas and an extremely popular theory was that Dr Gordon is not dead and is working with/for Jigsaw! A lot of people disregarded this condering Carey Elwes's issues with Lionsgate after the first film but once it was announced he was back for the last film, it was obvious what was to come....

I love both Saw 5 and 6, but for me the ending of 5 is so fucking brutal you just can't beat it! I actually think if they ended the series at 5, it would've been a GREAT way to see the films out!
joshk1986 Friday 12/09/2011 at 05:55 AM | 88102

My biggest problem with Saw 3D was the fact that the climax was so predictable for two main reasons.

***SPOILERS***

1. Dr Gordon's return to the series was the main focal point among fans and critics of the final film. The fact that he only showed up in the first 15 minutes of the film in very very brief scenes made it very clear that his screentime wasn't over so come the climax, you knew he was going to pop up somewhere. 2. There were literally hundreds of youtube clips of people's theories of where the Saw films were heading even when Saw 2 was fresh in cinemas and an extremely popular theory was that Dr Gordon is not dead and is working with/for Jigsaw! A lot of people disregarded this condering Carey Elwes's issues with Lionsgate after the first film but once it was announced he was back for the last film, it was obvious what was to come....

I love both Saw 5 and 6, but for me the ending of 5 is so fucking brutal you just can't beat it! I actually think if they ended the series at 5, it would've been a GREAT way to see the films out Although the end of part 5 was Brutal, I still like the end of part 6 even more. He breaks parts of his hands and then manages to stop the reverse bear trap with the bars of the window! He then yanks it out from his jaws leaving his cheek torn to shit, very cool ending imo.
Sephit Friday 12/09/2011 at 07:27 AM | 88104
What!?!?! You mean to tell me that they continued to make sequels after SAW II!? WHY!?
DarkSky Saturday 12/10/2011 at 03:27 PM | 88141
Yeehaw
SAWfreak Saturday 12/10/2011 at 05:45 PM | 88144
I wouldn't mind another Saw. The last one was a lousy way to end the series. I am among those who think it should have ended with Saw 3, but now that they've gone this far why not keep it going? Am I correct in thinking that not everything was resolved?
Boisv Friday 12/16/2011 at 01:05 AM | 88317
Saw VIII: A New Beginning.

lol
Xtroid Saturday 12/17/2011 at 05:44 PM | 88378
Saw VIII: A New Beginning.

lol

Hahaha

Saw VIII: Jigsaw takes Manhattan!
Sephit Saturday 12/17/2011 at 10:46 PM | 88389