Forums Horror Movie Talk
A Remake Of American Psycho Is In The Works From Lionsgate!

Hey kids, how about some more news regarding another remake? We just got wind from Variety that a reimagining of Bret Easton Ellis' 1991 satirical novel American Psycho is in the works.

According to the source Lionsgate has tapped Noble Jones to write and direct the film which Mary Harron previously adapted in 2000 as a feature starring Christian Bale.

Although the project hasn't been officially given the green light yet, it is in early stages of development at the studio.

Set in Manhattan during the Wall Street boom of the late 1980s, American Psycho concerns the daily life of Patrick Bateman, a wealthy investment banker by day who becomes a homicidal maniac by night.

Jones, a protege of David Fincher (the Social Network), first pitched the project to Lionsgate several months ago and recently turned in a script which is said to explore how Bateman would fare in modern day Gotham.

Source: Variety
Anonymous Thursday 12/08/2011 at 09:19 PM | 88086
i can only laugh.

They released Indious this year... maybe we can skip sequel ideas and just get a remake by 2013

fuckin Hollywood
Matt_Molgaard Friday 12/09/2011 at 12:14 AM | 88091
Man I am not believing this one either. I'm sorry but Christian Bale love him or hate him played that role to the freaking T. I can't see this being remade but hey, I have learned to stop fighting and embrace. It gives us something to talk about, that's a good thing, lol.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 12/09/2011 at 12:32 AM | 88094
I don't fucking believe this. I didn't really care for this movie anyways, but, Jesus. I sort of wish I was born in the '70s, or '80s. I would be apart of an amazing time period, and not have to worry about this remake obseson. Evil Dead hits theaters April 12, 2013... That's if 2012 doesn't kill us -_-
darkerdays Friday 12/09/2011 at 12:46 AM | 88095
This would make no-god-damn-sense.......literally none. Does anyone else think Cecil B. DeMented should be a real -life occurance?
Nick Death Friday 12/09/2011 at 03:08 AM | 88098
Johnny Bisco Friday 12/09/2011 at 09:39 AM | 88105
Yeah...no. No reason at all to remake this movie.
Jonny Sicko Friday 12/09/2011 at 02:12 PM | 88106
Well you know what, I'd rather see a remake of a bad or mediocre movie in order to make them better, than the current habit of redoing good movies and fuck it up. In the case of American Psycho, I've read the book before the movie got out and believe me, the movie is baaaad compared to the book, so I'd like to see what they can come up with if they really stick to the book. P.Bateman is way more scaring and crazy compared to the pathetic character in the film.
Hur4c4n Friday 12/09/2011 at 05:43 PM | 88109
Well you know what, I'd rather see a remake of a bad or mediocre movie in order to make them better, than the current habit of redoing good movies and fuck it up. In the case of American Psycho, I've read the book before the movie got out and believe me, the movie is baaaad compared to the book, so I'd like to see what they can come up with if they really stick to the book. P.Bateman is way more scaring and crazy compared to the pathetic character in the film.

lol yeah that's true... but if they added everything from the book, the movie would be NC-17 at best. They added just enough to the movie to make it a strong R and also remain somewhat faithful to the book IMO. I don't really care for Christian Bale, but I think at the time, he was the best actor to portray the character.

If they remade it, how else could they make it better while still keeping it acceptable for a large theatrical release?
Jonny Sicko Friday 12/09/2011 at 06:29 PM | 88110
GOD D@%# THOSE MOTHER F#@$!&% C@$# SUCKING PISS VOMITS!!!

Hey, kids! I know what we can do! Let's wipe our a$$es first, then take a giant shit! FUCK HOLLYWOOD!!! (cha-ching sounds a lot like ka-boom)
the_vengeful_machete Friday 12/09/2011 at 07:54 PM | 88113

Hey, kids! I know what we can do! Let's wipe our a$$es first, then take a giant shit! FUCK HOLLYWOOD!!! (cha-ching sounds a lot like ka-boom)

Couldn't have said it better.

Hollywood = Teaching film directors to metaphorically wipe back to front across their vaginas nce 1996.
Jonny Sicko Friday 12/09/2011 at 10:08 PM | 88117

Couldn't have said it better.

Hollywood = Teaching film directors to metaphorically wipe back to front across their vaginas nce 1996.

lol
the_vengeful_machete Saturday 12/10/2011 at 12:15 AM | 88122
Hey guys, i have an idea. I think hollywood wants to drown us horror fans in with remakes of our favorite films, ruining them completely till we all die out...so they can make bank on love struck vampires and wizards fighting puberty...
boogeyman8 Tuesday 12/13/2011 at 01:35 AM | 88220