Forums Horror Movie Talk
Piranha 3D Director Alexandre Aja Will Helm The Joe Hill Adapted Horror/Thriller 'Horns'

If you're a fan of horror director Alexandre Aja (Piranha 3D, High Tenon, the Hills Have Eyes) or of the scary storyteller Joe Hill, who also happens to be the son of author Stephen King - then have we got some good news to lay on you.

According to the Hollywood Reporter the pair are teaming up to bring the adaptation of Hill's novel Horns to the big screen.

Aja is coming on board to direct the project, "about a 26-year-old man who wakes up with a masve hangover and discovers horns sprouting from his head. He becomes convinced that their existence is tied to the unsolved murder of his girlfriend."

The script adaptation of the novel which was published in February 2010 was written by Scott Bunin and will be made into a movie by Mandalay Pictures. Mandalay’s Cathy Schulman and Peter Guber are producing. Hill, also the writer of the horror comic book series Locke & Key, is executive producing.

Once financing is secure, the goal will be to have Aja direct the movie in late spring or early summer 2012.

Source: the Hollywood Reporter
Anonymous Thursday 12/08/2011 at 11:25 PM | 88090
This is great news! I am entirely stoked for this. Joe Hill is one of my favorite modern horror novelists, and "Horns" was epic. The movie better get it right. I feel like Aja can probably be trusted with that.
ImmortalSidneyP Friday 12/09/2011 at 04:18 AM | 88100
thank the higher powers, a nice, solid story for Aja to approach that ISN'T some form of remake. Woohoo!
Matt_Molgaard Friday 12/09/2011 at 04:21 PM | 88107