Forums Horror Movie Talk
Bret Easton Ellis Won't Approve The Remake Of American Psycho Unless He Selects Its Star

Several days ago we made a HUGE announcement regarding Lionsgate's upcoming remake of author Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho. Well, it looks as if Ellis had a few choice words himself regarding the proposal to remake the film. Here's what Ellis had to say via his twitter account:

"I have warned Lionsgate that I will not approve a new veron of "American Psycho" unless it stars SCOTT DICK or MILES FISHER," says Ellis. "I am waiting for Scott Dick to ask: "Who in the hell is Bret Easton Ellis?"

Pictured Below: left to right Scott Dick and Miles Fisher

If your going strictly for looks, we say right on...but can either of these guys act?

Fisher is probably best known for his amazing impreson of Tom Cruise in "Superhero Movie." He also made an appearance in "Final Destination 5" and "J. Edgar." But more importantly, he re-enacted several "American Psycho" scenes in "This Must Be The Place" muc video.

Dick, is however known for absolute nothing. He's the boyfriend of Kourtney Kardashian on the reality TV show "Keeping Up With the Kardashians." Dick heard that Ellis is interested in him and wrote the following on Twitter: "Best news I have ever heard! I hope they call me!"

As mentioned previously, the project has not yet been greenlit by Lionsgate, however it does remain in the early stages of development at the studio.

Source: Twitter
Anonymous Saturday 12/10/2011 at 11:41 PM | 88152
if this shit had SCOTT DICK cast, I would honest to god start twitter and facebook feeds to boycott the film. It only takes 7 seconds of any one of the 77 thousand Kardashian shows to know how masve a turd this dude is.

I dont even know who the other guy is lmao

thank the higher powers that be this film wont be remade for another decade. I'm calling it now, this horrific idea to remake the film this soon will find itself dead in the water before we know it; you'd have to be a complete moron to remake the film this quickly, especially when you're extremely unlikely to find an actor fit to even rival Bale's performance, let alone outshine it.
Matt_Molgaard Sunday 12/11/2011 at 05:31 PM | 88173
if this shit had SCOTT DICK cast, I would honest to god start twitter and facebook feeds to boycott the film. It only takes 7 seconds of any one of the 77 thousand Kardashian shows to know how masve a turd this dude is.

I dont even know who the other guy is lmao

thank the higher powers that be this film wont be remade for another decade. I'm calling it now, this horrific idea to remake the film this soon will find itself dead in the water before we know it; you'd have to be a complete moron to remake the film this quickly, especially when you're extremely unlikely to find an actor fit to even rival Bale's performance, let alone outshine it.

Fisher has a good look for the part and is actually known for being in films so he would be my pick of the two, especially nce Dick seems like a dick/asshole and he's not an actor so he would most likely have to take classes or something unless Kim can teach him jk.

Maybe he gave them these two choices to make it hard on them and influence them to forget about remaking it?
Sephit Monday 12/12/2011 at 09:07 AM | 88196
I I'm so upset! ugh, i'm afraid it will be completely butchered but at the same time i am so damn curious as to how it will turn out. Christian Bale was Patrick Bateman. it will take a miracle for them to find a suitable actor.fucking Hollywood.
BloodVixen Tuesday 12/13/2011 at 12:36 AM | 88216
I wanted to see the video, because I never heard of either of these guys, and I think Miles resembles Christian Bale in a way. I had to make a fake youtube account to see the video. I am watching it now.
darkerdays Thursday 12/15/2011 at 01:27 AM | 88275