Forums DVD & Blu-rays
Halloween 5 - The Revenge of Michael Myers [Blu-ray Edition]

I often find myself browng various webtes for other countries, hoping to find formats of films that, oddly enough, haven't been released in the U.S. My newest discovery would be that of a 'Halloween V: The Revenge of Michael Myers' Blu-ray. I'm not exactly sure if this has or has not been discussed on this te before, but I was quite excited about this.

Halloween 5 as a film should be a rather old discuson by now, but it is alive and well amongst the most controveral horror sequels ever. The film is ealy some fans favorite installment in the series, but the quality of some DVD releases is terrible. Hopefully this is the technology lovers answer to that issue. I am very excited to see this film on Blu-ray.

The Halloween series as a whole should have already been released on Blu-ray in the US , although it will take various distributors and agreements to get them all released.

The Blu-Ray is sold by

http://www.Amazon.de and is currently available for 10,40 EUR. Through various Google translations, I have gathered that the Blu-ray specs are:

1 Disc 5.1 DTS English Audio track 16:9 1.77:1 Aspect Ratio 91 Minutes

Region B and the release date is Dec, 9 2011 (I guess this is a new release after all)

I have yet to purchase this, but I hopefully will in the near future, and will be sure to give further details. Some customer reviews have warned that the film has been cut. But all in all, It may be our only chance to see this film on Blu-ray.

- There is also a 'remastered' DVD veron of the film with an identical cover available.

Comments or Additional info are welcomed. Especially if you have info on a US Blu-ray.
creephouse Monday 12/12/2011 at 12:37 AM | 88177
I just found out that RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 3 was released in Germany this past month on Blu Ray in a limited edition of 333 copies by Laser Paradise. All tes that have it listed state is uncut and region free so I snagged a copy from eBay.

Hopefully it's the full uncut, unrated veron, and a more retail friendly release will pop its head out soon.
chrismac87 Monday 12/12/2011 at 01:20 AM | 88181
I really wish the US got better releases. It's a shame.
creephouse Monday 12/12/2011 at 01:51 AM | 88186