Forums Horror Movie Reviews
First "Ghost Rider 2" Reviews Are In And You Won't Believe The Response!

While not exactly horror "Ghost Rider" is at the very least a demon skeleton with fire which in itself should be badass enough, however not so much as far as the big screen verons go. Nicolas Cage's "Ghost Rider" sequel, called "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance," is set to hit theaters on February 17th, 2012. But it just premiered at "Butt-Numb-A-Thon" and the reviews are in. As if the first film wasn't enough the studio thought they could right the ship and come out with a good sequel, they apparently were wrong.

According to these reviews, the sequel, which was directed by Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor, has actually garnered worse reviews than the original film, which barely made its money back domestically and had a lousy 26% fresh rating on RottenTomatoes.

Now check out a list of reviews compiled by WorstPreviews.com.

* BadassDigest: "'Ghost Rider 2' manages to make me look fondly back on 'Ghost Rider.' Unbearable."

* SlashFilm: "'Ghost Rider 2' improves over the first film, but script was boring, post converted 3D is not great."

* JordanHoffman: "'Ghost Rider 2' makes 'Ghost Rider 1' look like 'Dark Knight.'"

* Scene-Stealers: "'Ghost Rider 2': better, but not badass enough. Holds back too much and story's weak. But its target audience of teenage boys should love it."

* ScottWeinberg: "'Ghost Rider 2' played. I have nothing else to add."

* Nooneman: "'Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance' is next year's 'Punisher: War Zone.' I'll let you decide if that's good or bad. The 3D sucked."

http://youtu.be/ebCawfEnSWU

Source:

http://worstpreviews.com/#ixzz1gJ1l05hV
Shakelford, J. Rusty Monday 12/12/2011 at 07:11 AM | 88192
Sadly there is no suprise here. I love comics so I thought I'd give this one a try but this definitely changed my mind. I like the new costume, hated pretty much everything else. IMO life isn't long enough to waste my time on films like this.
weaponx Monday 12/12/2011 at 09:22 AM | 88198
Totally believe it, I expected nothing potive from this film.
Matt_Molgaard Monday 12/12/2011 at 02:44 PM | 88200
That sucks....i was hoping they'd fix things...
zombie10 Monday 12/12/2011 at 06:25 PM | 88202
Nicholas Cage strikes again!!

It's a shame too, because Ghost Rider is an amazingly kickass character... Marvel needs to make a list of capable directors who specialize in Comic-To-Movie films, and only use those. Same with their writers.
Jonny Sicko Monday 12/12/2011 at 10:10 PM | 88207