Forums Horror Movie Talk
'Prometheus' Co-Star Noomi Repace Says "It's Not A Clean Prequel To Alien"

With Prometheus

a little less then half a year away from hitting the big screen, we're starting to hear a few sporadic ramblings hear and there from it's cast members and crew, and today thanks to Yahoo! News we have a few more nuggets of info to offer.

Noomi Rapace recently sat down with David Germain from the Associated Press to promote "Sherlock Holmes" which hits theaters this Friday, and in the process she talked very briefly about the whether or not the upcoming Ridley Scott film from which she co-stars in is actually a prequel.

"It's not a clean prequel" to "Alien," Rapace said. "It's definitely related. I think you will see connections" — including some between her character and Weaver's Ripley.

"They are kind of in the same family. Even though I think that my character is kind of more feminine," Rapace said. "She's more naïve in the beginning and a believer and full of hope, and then in the middle of the movie, she kind of changes into more of a warrior and a survivor."

In the film Rapace plays an archaeologist on an exploratory mison that runs into trouble in deep space.

Prometheus also stars Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Patrick Wilson, Logan Marshall-Green, Ben Foster, and Michael Fassbender.

Look for the film to land in theaters on June 8th, 2012.

Source: Yahoo! News
Anonymous Monday 12/12/2011 at 10:08 PM | 88206