Forums Horror Movie Talk
Stanley Kubrick's THE SHINING Original Ending

As most of us horror fans have seen Stanley Kubrick's THE SHINING, how many of us knew that Stanley kubrick had an original ending for THE SHINING? After the first week THE SHINING was released, Stanley Kubrick removed this scene.

After the image of Jack Torrences (Jack Nicholson) frozen body in the hedge maze,

the fades to a shot with part of a state trooper's car and the legs of troopers walking the

foregroundground of the Overlook Hotel. The shot then proceeds to a hospital where Wendy (Shelly Duvall) is in a hospital room resting and Danny (Danny Loyd) playing in the waiting room. Mr. Ullman arrives and tells Wendy that they were unable to find Jack's body anywhere on the property of the Overlook Hotel. As he leaves, he hands Danny the same ball that mysteriously rolled towards him before his attack in room 217. Mr. Ullman laughs and walks off. The scene then cuts to where the camera is roaming the Overlook halls and towards the 1921 photo of Jack and other past guests of the Overlook Hotel.

I've been doing some researching online to see if I could find a video showing this, but it's sad to say that I couldn't find one. This is the closest thing that I could find:

horror3747 Tuesday 12/13/2011 at 03:20 AM | 88223
Wow.
darkerdays Thursday 12/15/2011 at 12:49 AM | 88271
I know... When I found this out, it seemed like Mr. Ullman knew that something like this was gonna happen again, nce he walked away laughing...
horror3747 Thursday 12/15/2011 at 11:52 PM | 88309