Forums Horror Movie Talk
Celebrate SCREAM's 15 Year Anniversary Today Plus NEW Fan-Made SCREAM 5 Poster

Today marks the 15th year to the date that the original 1996 Wes Craven' film took the box-office by story. December 20th marks a day for all SCREAM fans to remember the truly glory days, the rebirth of horror and the record shattering numbers that the original SCREAM brought to Dimenon Films. It would usher in a new genre of films that would try - but ultimately fail - to recreate the magic with titles like URBAN LEGEND and I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER. It was the birth of the "whodoneit" teen drama/horror film era and we owe it all to writer Keven Williamson and director Wes Craven. Not to mention Drew Berrymore for taking the cameo spot and putting on a brillant performance at the opening of the film.

To celebrate we also have a very cool fan-made poster made for all you Bidites to enjoy by artist RĂºben Correia of Portugal. It has a very cool little nod to Randy in the poster, who knows, could we see a bit more of Randy in the inevitable 5th film?

Regardless of your thoughts on where the franchise is today, lets celebrate the original 1996 film that changed the genre forever. We'd love to hear your stories of the first time your seen the film and what your thoughts were when Ghostface first appeared on screen and "the voice". It was truly a magnificent film and one that should be celebrate.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 12/20/2011 at 08:35 PM | 88468
I was 20 when I saw that film. I remember going into a theater, which is no longer standing, to see this film. Not many people were in the theater at the time.

In the beginning when Casey starts talking about HalloweeN, that brought back a flood of great Horror memories for me. I loved the original. I saw it 2 more times, only the next 2 times, the theater's were packed. Word of mouth had def. kicked in at that point.

The rest is history.
Dimiter Tuesday 12/20/2011 at 10:44 PM | 88476
who knows, could we see a bit more of Randy in the inevitable 5th film?
nehee Wednesday 12/21/2011 at 01:48 AM | 88483
I personally hope there isn't a 5th installment. There will be though, I'm sure.
Dimiter Wednesday 12/21/2011 at 02:18 AM | 88487
The first Scream film was a good one, I have to admit that. It took awhile for it to grow on me because it had been SO hyped up as the "scariest thing nce blah, blah." At first I actually despised it, but coming back to it a few years later I guess you could say I matured enough to appreciate it (I was about the 18 maybe when it came out, posble younger, too lazy to do the math, heheh.) Back then I was a stickler for original films/muc ONLY. Now, I can honestly say I wouldn't mind having a nice, accurate lifeze Ghostface

:drinkers:
Bridge Wednesday 12/21/2011 at 05:50 AM | 88492