Forums Horror Movie Talk
SSN CHRIS DURAND PROJECT FINISHED

Well I started in on this one last night and ran out of hair. I had a bag and a forth of a second left over from my ssnh20v.1 so I decided to start this one. I will pick up more hair and finish it up tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. I'm getting a bit faster with these so in about 5-6 more I should be able to work at a decent speed, it wont be a McCain warp speed but quick for me non the less. Here is what I had so far.

I am actually a few rows farther up right now. I like to add the most hair on the top of the crown of the head so I can style it without any latex peeking through at all. I'm gonna double layer the rows nce the human hair is so thin. I haven't done this before so this should be cool to see how it turns out.
quietonthesetstudios Monday 9/08/2008 at 12:39 PM | 18535
That looks really good scott!

You are getting better for sure!
Evildsm Monday 9/08/2008 at 02:47 PM | 18541
I should have this done tomorrow. All I have to do is the hairline now. I only had a little bit to work on it and I'm trying a new little method. I want to get the raised hair right on my copy.
quietonthesetstudios Tuesday 9/09/2008 at 03:41 AM | 18575
Looking great so far...can't wait to see it finished.

kweandee Tuesday 9/09/2008 at 03:44 AM | 18576
Looking great so far...can't wait to see it finished.Yeah what she said Can you rehair Justin next...he looks too much like the Great Pumpkin as is

lblambert Tuesday 9/09/2008 at 04:02 AM | 18577
No joke Yukon, Scott I am next! Seriously though, Scott this is going to be a tough one in my opinion. The H20 mask had that distinctive almost fur like look. I am eagerly awaiting to see this when it is done.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 9/09/2008 at 04:05 AM | 18578
Well I got this one all done up and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I think after I have the hairline sprayed in the front and faded this will be a perfect addition to the collection.
quietonthesetstudios Wednesday 9/10/2008 at 03:12 AM | 18628
Damn Scott you nailed it. Great job man!!
lblambert Wednesday 9/10/2008 at 03:31 AM | 18632

Great job...looks awesome

kweandee Wednesday 9/10/2008 at 04:57 AM | 18638
ok Scott I will be honest. I did not think you would be able to pull off that look. I am not saying I didn't have faith in your skills but that is such a difficult hair job. Well after seeing it brother you nailed it. Do we have a future mask converter on our hands????

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 9/10/2008 at 05:07 AM | 18641
Thanks everyone! I knew it was gonna be difficult to pull this one off nce the hair was a very certain length and I have had a few of the durand masks to see so I kinda knew what to expect or change to get the look I wanted. I put on display under my ssn h20v.1 on the wall mounts and its pretty cool to see both them all done up by each other. I think they turned out great! I may have darren at ssn add the brown air brush to both of the masks around the hair line again to get that screen used look.

I have about 4-5 masks sent from people that I am currently doing. I also am working on my warlock mask and that one should be done as soon as my camel hair shows up in the mail but as soon as it does I will finish that up in about 30 min.
quietonthesetstudios Wednesday 9/10/2008 at 01:17 PM | 18648
I can't wait to see what you do with a Warlock Scott. I have poured and haired masks myself before and hairing I find is the hardest freaking part. I just HATE doing it. I love painting and pouring is what it is but adding the hair, BLAH!!!! Nice work again and it is good to see a sprouting convertor here. Are you going to sculpt anytime soon?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 9/10/2008 at 07:23 PM | 18657
I sculpt things every now and again but what I would like to do is life casts of people and then retool those into zombie veron of people. I think that would be fun as hell. I dont have enough knowledge of anatomy to sculpt someone from scratch like McCain or any of the top makers by any means but I like to mess around with clay.
quietonthesetstudios Wednesday 9/10/2008 at 11:15 PM | 18679
Scott! Sorry it has taken me so long to see this post, but DAMN!!! Nice Job man! I can see now you have a Natural Talent for doing things like this and you do Very Well at it!

Congrats on Acheiving the Look! Looks Screen Used! --Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 9/11/2008 at 10:37 PM | 18779